[School of Nunya][Modding .hfs 101]- Lesson(Durations and Effects)

Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2
[School of Nunya][Modding .hfs 101]- Lesson(Durations and Effects)
Notes
I am here in these topics to teach and help each and every one of you. Therefor do not be afraid to ask stupid, simple or repeated questions as long as they relate to the topic. I will help you regardless.

I will not be describing the process of converting from hfs to zip and back as there are already tutorials for that.

PLEASE USE NOTEPAD++ FOR TEXT EDITOR AND SQLITE FOR DATABASE.

So with that said, lets get on with the lesson.

Tutorial:

Spell/Buffs/Trans/etc Duration and Effect mods are done within 286FE9924483F382029EF68BA6C260B3C2563BF9.hfs.

Step 1:
Open 286FE9924483F382029EF68BA6C260B3C2563BF9.hfs.

Step 2:
Open heroes.db3.comp with SQlite.

Step 3:
Find the table "StatusEffectGroupInfo" on the left and click on it to open it.

Step 4:
We will change the columns shown to you to the relevant ones to make editing less hassle. So on the column list (where it says "RecNo Type Level Abslevel IDTag and so on) right click and choose the option "Select Columns". Next click the Unselect All button. Next put checkmarks in the following columns "Type, Level, Duration, Effect1, Effect1_Arg1, Effect1_Arg2, Effect1_Arg3, Effect2, Effect2_Arg1, Effect2_Arg2, Effect2_Arg3, Effect3, Effect3_Arg1, Effect3_Arg2, Effect3_Arg3.


Step 5:
Now you need to navigate to the skill or buff you want to mod. Right below the column list are blank lines where you can input text. Click in the box under "Type" start typing the name of what you want- for example you can type Type "transform_invincible". It will bring you to the transform_invincible skill and show you it's values.

Step 6: Under where it says Duration in the particular skills column you can click in the box and change the number to whatever you want, for example I make the duration of transform_invincible to 999999(277 hours).



Step 7: To show that you can add or change effects given by buffs I will show another example:

You can see in this example I edited levelup_bonus 4. You can see I changed the duration to 999999, the HP given to 999999 and added my own bonus "STAMINA" and made that value 999999 as well.



Step 8: Close SQlite and make sure the .zip file gets updated with the changes and convert it back to .hfs.

So that's that, congrats on learning to mod durations and add your own effects to spells and buffs.
ok, I have downloaded Notebook++. I am currently awash in a sea of options for SQlite. Is there a specific sub-type of SQlite that you recommend? Or is this crippling list of options all-encompassing (or alternately, completely useless)? I've all but given up on teaching myself how this is done, thank you for starting this 'class'!
i was actually JUST trying to do some of this before i hit refresh and saw this....thank you so much nunya lol and im sure these "schools" are going to result in quite a few releases with their own twists and variations of what was added
Quote Originally Posted by BubbaRubba View Post
ok, I have downloaded Notebook++. I am currently awash in a sea of options for SQlite. Is there a specific sub-type of SQlite that you recommend? Or is this crippling list of options all-encompassing (or alternately, completely useless)? I've all but given up on teaching myself how this is done, thank you for starting this 'class'!
Google SQLite Expert Professional version 3.3.0
Very nice guide, only thing I suggest is the pictures actually on the post, takes a lot of clicking to enlarge them.
if i wanted more effects to come from transforming....could i make a new row starting with dk/pl_transform and with the effects putting stat_adder ATK/M. ATK 20000 or something? or would i need to replace one of the already existing effects such as invulnerability?

sorry for a sort of double post but i dont have an edit button =/ i was also wondering....as one of the effects could i also apply another "type" ? such as making a transformation into dk also give a health recovery buff or make an evie skill go off when i transform? (something like that)

oh i guess i dont need an edit button...just adds to my previous, cool
Quote Originally Posted by vladimir911 View Post
if i wanted more effects to come from transforming....could i make a new row starting with dk/pl_transform and with the effects putting stat_adder ATK/M. ATK 20000 or something? or would i need to replace one of the already existing effects such as invulnerability?

sorry for a sort of double post but i dont have an edit button =/ i was also wondering....as one of the effects could i also apply another "type" ? such as making a transformation into dk also give a health recovery buff or make an evie skill go off when i transform? (something like that)

oh i guess i dont need an edit button...just adds to my previous, cool
Well if you look at the second example you can see that I added a new effect to the buff. The stamina buff is not normally on levelup_bonus 4. So yes it's possible to add an effect2,3 to transforming. As for making a new row, I'm not sure never tried it.

Upcoming tutorials will show how to give attack and speed buffs when transformed without editing this database.

My advice is to look through the existing buff effects and how they work and just copy that layout when adding things.
i like to follow the general footsteps of the peaople ahead of me but i also like to try doing stuff that i know nobody else has tried....its how i managed to hack cataclysm WoW with cheat engine lol
Quote Originally Posted by vladimir911 View Post
i like to follow the general footsteps of the peaople ahead of me but i also like to try doing stuff that i know nobody else has tried....its how i managed to hack cataclysm WoW with cheat engine lol
I wouldn't brag about that :P During my time as Admin, I found so many loop holes.
ah, but you had the advantage of bein admin....gah lets not get into this xD i just found a couple things in one of the .hfs's....when the games back up....if they work i may be making a release soon
wth tnx mr genius
with this i can hopefully contribute something if i kept on practicing this tnx again ^^
figured this out looking through the files myself after the paper mod... but very nice tut for the people who need spoonfeeding ^^
Quote Originally Posted by sd999444 View Post
figured this out looking through the files myself after the paper mod... but very nice tut for the people who need spoonfeeding ^^
well thats a little bit insulting
Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?