Making signatures!

Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
Making signatures!
I can make some signatures in my spare time today, so if you can answer these questions, i'll have a signature ready for you!

Text:
Text Color:
Background Image (Link):
Effects:
Etc, what else you might like:

[It may take 1-5 minutes to make them ]

Thanks!
/Donotwantbadsignature

Prove your worthiness to be in the GFX section by creating this request:

Text: Spyro
Text Color: Purple
Background Image (Link):


Effects: Blending
Etc, what else you might like: Blend Spyro onto the grass.
Quote Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
/Donotwantbadsignature

Prove your worthiness to be in the GFX section by creating this request:

Text: Spyro
Text Color: Purple
Background Image (Link):


Effects: Blending
Etc, what else you might like: Blend Spyro onto the grass.
@Cynic Tried my best to blend him onto the grass, i can change the font if you want it to be more fun, or more formal. Hope you like it




Tell me what to change. (Make Spyro bigger, make text smaller, making background smaller/bigger, etc.)
You forgot a shadow to make it blend in...
It's not that well blended. A shadow would've helped immensely. I would also of kept it larger to keep quality of the image to a maximum. Then I would used a brush tool to paint grass onto Spyro's feet to make it look like he we stood in the grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
@Cynic Tried my best to blend him onto the grass, i can change the font if you want it to be more fun, or more formal. Hope you like it




Tell me what to change. (Make Spyro bigger, make text smaller, making background smaller/bigger, etc.)
It's fine I just wanted to see how well you could blend.
i am using paint.net...don't have a shadow plug-in yet
Ok, so since i don't have the shadow tool, i made part of his feet transparent. Then I smudged down the top of his feet, so it would blend into the grass.

How's this?

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
Ok, so since i don't have the shadow tool, i made part of his feet transparent. Then I smudged down the top of his feet, so it would blend into the grass.

How's this?

That's better.
That is a bit better, but you don't need a shadow plugin Plugins are not the way to go, you need to make your own art to truly master it. Effects and renders are okay to use, but shadow plugins are not needed. You can create a new layer under spyro's layer, but on top of the grass layer. Then, create a rounded ellipse that is a dark grey, and make it 70% transparent so you can see the grass a bit, and put the ellipse just at the line where the ankle meets the feet. Blur that with a gaussian blur a bit till it looks more realistic like a shadow.
If you had photopshop this would help you greatly:

thanks guys. you really know how to help a beginner
I had started out with Paint.NET, and within a few months became pretty good at it. I then bought the Adobe Master Collection CS5, and Photoshop is my most used program on my PC now lol. I do recommend buying Photoshop CS5. As soon as you learn the interface, follow tuts online. It does help a lot. After that, you shall be able to create pretty damn good pictures and such. That's how I started out Now, I did this in 15 minutes:



Its for my friend's site. You will improve, I can guarentee It just takes time and focus, and willingness to improve.
Thinking about getting a cracked version of it... My mom won't pay for shit... but thanks, i'll put it in to consideration
Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us