Editing sounds with goodstufflite?

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
Editing sounds with goodstufflite?
Is it possible to change any sound with goodstufflite?

More specifically, I'd like to change the little SCHWING sound when getting crits in Vindictus to the critiCAL sound from S4 league, mostly for comic effect, is this possible?

Was going to do it via HFS files when I first learned about them a few weeks back, only to spend a few hours on finding the critical sound file, and then finding out you can't change the files anymore. After playing around with goodstufflite though it doesn't actually mess with the files it seems, so is this possible?
Quote Originally Posted by Roxarok View Post
Is it possible to change any sound with goodstufflite?

More specifically, I'd like to change the little SCHWING sound when getting crits in Vindictus to the critiCAL sound from S4 league, mostly for comic effect, is this possible?

Was going to do it via HFS files when I first learned about them a few weeks back, only to spend a few hours on finding the critical sound file, and then finding out you can't change the files anymore. After playing around with goodstufflite though it doesn't actually mess with the files it seems, so is this possible?
Goodstufflite v1.005b and beyond or (previously as so) uses C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\data\ directory to change any voice/skin/mod files from the game when replaced by \bin\

Simply go to C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\data\sound\voice\pc or make one there.

And then change your file name i.e. _usa_lethita_hurt4.wav
Every file has to have the _usa_ prefix

Also use .wav files
SUPER by eRightSoft is a nice freeware tool for conversion or just type media converter online.

Use the korean packaged files for good stuff lite if you wanted to know which character's name / sounds were.

Or wait was the critical sound not located in voice files. I'm not sure.
It's not, but I know the location of it, the only thing is, it wouldn't be under voice and all that, I'm not sure if I need another sub directory, or if I simply drop it into sound.

Thanks for the mini tut but I kinda already knew how to change stuff that was already there, that's nothing more than naming a file the same thing with the same format.
Is there a file anywhere that includes a complete data folder? that would help out extremely with modding, i cant seem to find any on google either.
So, the file name was hit_common_critical.wav

The directory goes

data>sound>hit>hit_common_critical.wav

Or the file should be named _common_critical.wav with the hit folder sort of specifying what the first part is. I just have one named hit_common and one named _common in the folder and it's working, I'm too tired atm to find out which one is actually working, I'll do this tomorrow after I wake up, either way, I'm rather happy, this worked out quite well, it doesn't actually sound too out of place, and is much better identifier for getting critical hits.
I've tried both hit_common_critical.wav and _common_critical.wav, but neither work for me. I'm playing an Evie so I'm getting magic criticals, of course. That could be the reason why my sound files aren't playing. Is there a separate file for magic criticals? Something along the lines of magic_common_critical? If so, it would explain why the "hit" in "hit_common_critical.wav" is even used; for the sake of organization.

EDIT: I tried playing on my Fiona and the critical sound files I have were not playing. It was still playing the default critical sound. Whether it's melee or spell criticals, it's not working for me. Maybe my .wav files are buggy. I'll keep playing with it.

EDIT2: I found the problem. The original file I had was a .mp3, so when I converted it to .wav and renamed it, the auto-highlight only highlighted the original part of the file name and left the .mp3 alone. The end result was a hit_common_critical.mp3.wav. I hadn't even noticed it. Well, my small mistake led me to confirming that hit_common_critical.wav is the correct file name and that all types of critical hits call on that one file.
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?