tier0 error when injecting dll project (Source SDK Base)

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
tier0 error when injecting dll project (Source SDK Base)
So I'm using MS2010 and have a Source SDK Base, based off this tutorial:
http://www.mpgh.net/forum/437-vindic...ell_demon.html

It's what I've made all my consoles with and my current project DankSole is now using it.

It works fine until I try to use certain things. For example: Currently needing to use AngleVectors().

If I use AngleVectors() or various other things when I inject my dll I get an error that says "the application failed to start because tier0.dll is missing from your computer, please reinstall the application and try again".

I get the same problem using things like GetDefault() which gives me the same error but for vstdlib.dll.

tier0.lib is in my project and tier0.dll is in all the places it should be.. (steam bin, vindictus bin).

I've tried this suggestion from Hell_Demon "#pragma comment(lib, "tier0.lib")" with no success.

Everything will work great if I copy tier0.dll from the Vindictus/bin folder to the folder Vindictus.exe is in, but I'd really like to avoid having to tell all my users to do that for my future release.


Can't find any related solution's on the web after hours of searching and nobody I talk to understands or can solve the problem. I'm hoping someone around here may have some insight.
Quote Originally Posted by Fovea View Post
AddDllDirectory - Read the remarks carefully.

Another article you might be interested in: Dynamic-Link Library Search Order
I did read through both those pages, and tried to use them(SetDefaultDllDirectories and AddDllDirectory).. Either I got the syntax wrong (i have a hard time understanding syntaxs shown in MSDN without seeing a code example) or it just didn't work.

I really don't understand this error and why I get it while people with the same projects don't.. :/
What happened to the fun in starting from scratch?
Quote Originally Posted by FBIRyan View Post
What happened to the fun in starting from scratch?
Using SDK has some advantages in this case
After WEEKS of pulling my hair out... And probably trying 100 different solutions..

This issue is finally ... . SOLVED!

This was what finally worked: Solution!

@Nico
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us