Reading a book

Posts 16–27 of 27 · Page 2 of 2
Quote Originally Posted by x.navi.x View Post


I can understand that but when it comes to your education you have to be selfish. Doting on your grandmother and maintaining the household for your mother shows character but in wavering economic times such as these you have to set aside time to focus on yourself so that when it is your chance to change the world, you have the capacity to do so. Now log off and go read. If you need help summarizing let me know.
Ok thanks for the "pep talk" on reading lol
Quote Originally Posted by Versa View Post


Ok thanks for the "pep talk" on reading lol
Aye, why the fuck are you still here? Go read!
Quote Originally Posted by Obnoxious View Post
Summer reading is for elementary school.

At least around here it is.



Guys read slow though.
I can read fast just there are tons of distractions i read half a page i gotta do something read another half gotta do something its kinda hard
Quote Originally Posted by x.navi.x View Post


I can understand that but when it comes to your education you have to be selfish. Doting on your grandmother and maintaining the household for your mother shows character but in wavering economic times such as these you have to set aside time to focus on yourself so that when it is your chance to change the world, you have the capacity to do so. Now log off and go read. If you need help summarizing let me know.




Not true. You just need to learn how to read quickly. First sentence of each paragraph, Scan through the middle of the paragraph and read the last sentence. You'll find that your mind anticipates the story line and you can fill in the missed parts on your own.
I can't read. Well I can, but I was always behind in comprehension or however you spell it.

I barely passed.

Math & Science
Quote Originally Posted by Obnoxious View Post

I can't read. Well I can, but I was always behind in comprehension or however you spell it.

I barely passed.

Math & Science
I've always loved reading. Math and Science are my downfall. Lol. Just keep a list of words you don't know or understand and look up the definitions. It helps quite a bit.
Quote Originally Posted by x.navi.x View Post


I've always loved reading. Math and Science are my downfall. Lol. Just keep a list of words you don't know or understand and look up the definitions. It helps quite a bit.
Like, I know my vocab wasn't always the best.

But I couldn't ever picture stories in my head. No matter what book it was, I never understood it.
Quote Originally Posted by Obnoxious View Post

Like, I know my vocab wasn't always the best.

But I couldn't ever picture stories in my head. No matter what book it was, I never understood it.

Maybe you're just not reading books that pique your interest. Try reading a few from each genre and maybe you'll find an author or style of writing you like.
How did they give you a book if you don't got school ?
Quote Originally Posted by Versa View Post
I swear i hate it when you get asigned a summer reading book school starts tomorrow have to read a 325 page book called zeitoun

MPGH>book
I read books in my free time.
Currently reading House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski.
Quote Originally Posted by Takari View Post
How did they give you a book if you don't got school ?
The last day of school the book was announced


Quote Originally Posted by x.navi.x View Post


I've always loved reading. Math and Science are my downfall. Lol. Just keep a list of words you don't know or understand and look up the definitions. It helps quite a bit.
Im better at math and science i get good grades in english i just dont enjoy it


Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post


I read books in my free time.
Currently reading House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski.
I dont get much free time im ussually really busy
Quote Originally Posted by Versa View Post


I would do that but apperantly were not writing a paper about but a 5 day test rage.....
A FIVE DAY TEST
thats fucking bullshit
i feel sorry for you
Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post


A FIVE DAY TEST
thats fucking bullshit
i feel sorry for you
Yeah apperently they want to make sure we read the book
Posts 16–27 of 27 · Page 2 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?