ExclamationMac vs PC

Posts 31–45 of 62 · Page 3 of 5
mac is multimedia and modern style and good looking and so on.

but choose pc for gaming.
pc ftw
Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
Window 8 haven't even been released yet.
There is a Developer version of it out
People say they have windows 8
they don't they have a developer beta of it
1.Mac is too exspensice
2. Most softwares only run on Windows-PC
3. I think Windows is easier to use
I have a mac and its decent
waste of $1300

Its only good for browsing

Who the fuck..?
PCs are good for everything
Mac sucks
PC for gaming, easily.
PC for gaming, MAC for multimedia
If you need a computer for gaming PC
If you need a computer for social MAC
but for me i just got both its a lot easier
I also have both.

Macs are way better for making vidoes, and social/school things.

PCs are way better for gaming in general.
Pc is fine for social things since when can you not go on facebook/myspace with a pc? I only see macs as being a status symbol around other people which is stupid.
Quote Originally Posted by dtm808 View Post
Pc is fine for social things since when can you not go on facebook/myspace with a pc? I only see macs as being a status symbol around other people which is stupid.
Social as in skype, not facebook. (Macs have a built in webcam)

And Macs are amazing for making videos and music and things. (Garage Band app, iMovie app, iPhoto app, etc.)

so Macs aren't completely bad. @dtm808
just dual boot with a hackintosh if you wanna go mac and go vmware or wtv (im pretty sure there's a dual boot method for windows) if you want a windows
.....if your computer has the right specs you get both!
PC:
Perks:
1. Customisable
2. Powerful when unharnessed
3. Excellent compatibility with 3rd party programs/games
4. Cheap

Downsides:
1. Relatively bad support
2. Volatile (prone to crashes and instability if used improperly)

Mac:
Perks:
1. User friendly
2. Powerful if you buy top of the line and customise (to a degree)
3. Great support
4. Eye candy
5. Efficiency and expertise (Mac has been around longer and MS ripped macs ideas early on)
6. ^ as mentioned, great multimedia support

Downsides:
1. Expensive
2. Not very compatible with 3rd party apps (apart from paid apps verified by app store)
3. NOT designed for gaming, even though specs are great

I have a 13" Macbook pro I bought 2 months ago. Never owned a mac before. Its fucking amazing. $1,250 AUD though -- its for school/uni/beyond

I have a gaming rig at home I bought last year for about $1,100 (desktop)

i5 Sandy Bridge GTX460 4GB RAM etc razer accessories

Both are great for their purposes. I'd buy the mac first though, if I could go back and change it all, but its about your priorities and preferences(for me it was gaming>school so I bought the PC first then bought the mac).

Don't listen to the mac haters, they're just jealous btw
I like Mac better, but there are not so many games (MMO) you can play on it.... so for MMOs I like Windows :s
I like MACs because of the look and the ability.

(I don't game on the PC)
Posts 31–45 of 62 · Page 3 of 5

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?