Seeghost Pointer[help]

Posts 16–21 of 21 · Page 2 of 2
Quote Originally Posted by 258456 View Post
Well, there is a huge difference in space between DWORD and CHAR. Char is 1 byte and DWORD is the same as int and it's 4 bytes, so if you replace DWORD with char you will crash crossfire because it's accessing the wrong data space.

EDIT:

AND giniyat, CHECK YOUR PMs!
CHECKED THEM @258456
i cant reply because i dont access my MPGH account from my pc
i usually do it when i escape from school only
i will reply when iam at home
Oh, ok i see. Don't worry about it, I am not upset I was just worried that you were ignoring me or something, lol. I will wait, good luck in school.
Quote Originally Posted by giniyat101 View Post
u cant even use char or short because he used DWORD just to read a value from a pointer and it will be used later
like what we use to do with WeaponMgr
I didn't talk about pointers. In 64 bit applications you have to use QWORD (__int64), because the biggest address of 64 bit systems is FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF (8 Bytes)
char = 1 Byte (__int8), word = 2 Bytes (__int16), DWORD = 4 Bytes (int), QWORD = 8 Bytes (__int64)

P.S : You could read every byte using char and copy them into a DWORD

Edit : @ Thread
The new one is 9FF160. If it doesn't work, try 9FF15C
Quote Originally Posted by derh.acker View Post
I didn't talk about pointers. In 64 bit applications you have to use QWORD (__int64), because the biggest address of 64 bit systems is FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF (8 Bytes)
char = 1 Byte (__int8), word = 2 Bytes (__int16), DWORD = 4 Bytes (int), QWORD = 8 Bytes (__int64)

P.S : You could read every byte using char and copy them into a DWORD

Edit : @ Thread
The new one is 9FF160. If it doesn't work, try 9FF15C
You have problem with deciding?
just look which register is multiplied by A8 and it is wrong and the other is correct

Code:
1011C485   . A1 5CF19F10    MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[109FF15C]
1011C48A   . D94424 24      FLD DWORD PTR SS:[ESP+24]
1011C48E   . 8B0D 60F19F10  MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[109FF160]
1011C494   . 83C4 04        ADD ESP,4
1011C497   . 69C0 A8000000  IMUL EAX,EAX,0A8                         ;  EAX is wrong, ECX is correct, pointer is 9FF160
Quote Originally Posted by giniyat101 View Post
You have problem with deciding?
just look which register is multiplied by A8 and it is wrong and the other is correct

Code:
1011C485   . A1 5CF19F10    MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[109FF15C]
1011C48A   . D94424 24      FLD DWORD PTR SS:[ESP+24]
1011C48E   . 8B0D 60F19F10  MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[109FF160]
1011C494   . 83C4 04        ADD ESP,4
1011C497   . 69C0 A8000000  IMUL EAX,EAX,0A8                         ;  EAX is wrong, ECX is correct, pointer is 9FF160
I thought, it was 9FF160, but I wasnt sure -.-
I didn't really look at the asm
I Can't Find Ghost Pointer Via Olly :S
Posts 16–21 of 21 · Page 2 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us