Building a PC - Compatible?

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
Building a PC - Compatible?


Can someone tell me if this is all I need and if it is compatible?

@Alen is afk. Alright, thanks.
Why not like this instead


Thuban 1100T/BD FX-8150
8GB DDR3-1333 (diff to 1600 is only in the benchmarks)
ASUS Crosshair Formula V 990FX AM3+
2x MSi R6970 Lightning TwinFrozr III/Wait and buy a single 7970
All I need to know if this is compatible and if i'm missing such. Do I need an optical drive?
Quote Originally Posted by Nyan View Post
All I need to know if this is compatible and if i'm missing such. Do I need an optical drive?
yes it is compatible and nowadays people just torrent or use steam for their games, pick up a DVD drive for $30~40 if you like watching movies from DVD

btw i'd wait for the release of the HD 7xxx series if i were u. XDR2 memory offers almost double the bandwidth of GDDR5
Quote Originally Posted by Yellow 13 View Post
yes it is compatible and nowadays people just torrent or use steam for their games, pick up a DVD drive for $30~40 if you like watching movies from DVD

btw i'd wait for the release of the HD 7xxx series if i were u. XDR2 memory offers almost double the bandwidth of GDDR5
Alen suggested me those. So it is all compatible, am I correct? Please be positive, I don't want to get the wrong pieces.
Yes, it is compatible

but srsly, wait for HD 7xxx
how do i delete a double post?
It's compatible.
But get a 6850 or 6950.
You can unlock 6850 to a 6870 and 6950 to 6970.
Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post
It's compatible.
But get a 6850 or 6950.
You can unlock 6850 to a 6870 and 6950 to 6970.
Is that hard?
Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post

Is that hard?
I never done it before.
Just go on youtube and check.
Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post

Is that hard?
No its easy, theres alot of tutorials. Its like replacing the firmware, but i read from somewhere its bad for the graphics card...
Looks good to me
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us