CoolIsItDown

Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2
IsItDown
I created a little tool last week sometime that checks if the website is running or not. Allowing the user to check from their desktop if the website is down without opening up your web-browser and checking online. With this tool you can do it fast and it's simple to use.

Feel free to leave a comment about it.

Screenshots:


Virus Scans:
There seems to be 2 false positives, but I can promise you the code is totally clean.
VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner
IsItDown.rar - Jotti's malware scan
IsItDown.rar34 KB · 20 downloads Scanning…
Point? You still have to open an app.

Just open the browser and check it.. instead of checking with an application, then see that it is up, then open browser and type the url again.
Imo this is useless... ._.
He probably just had the idea to make this and thought somebody could use it. It could be useful if someone needed a tool to check a web server on a network or something, I dunno, but at least he's giving it a shot and the GUI looks alright which is more than I can say for any of my own releases lol.
Gui was somewhat leeched from a stupid theme. He has no credits for it. So w/e.

Indeed he did something that might be useful for someone.. but meh.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
Gui was somewhat leeched from a stupid theme. He has no credits for it. So w/e.

Indeed he did something that might be useful for someone.. but meh.
Techinically this requires less steps then using the webbrowswer. And I have full rights to this theme since I bought it so I don't have to give credits. And I was learning to use Regex so I thought I should built a application that uses it and later I thought of sharing it, now I know its just a little tool it's not really that much big of a deal anyways.
Quote Originally Posted by DarkByte7 View Post

Techinically this requires less steps then using the webbrowswer. And I have full rights to this theme since I bought it so I don't have to give credits. And I was learning to use Regex so I thought I should built a application that uses it and later I thought of sharing it, now I know its just a little tool it's not really that much big of a deal anyways.
Why the fuck do you need RegEx to ping a server lol.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post


Why the fuck do you need RegEx to ping a server lol.
I'm not pinging the server. I'm using the DownloadString to get the source and then use Regex to get what I need from the source.
Quote Originally Posted by DarkByte7 View Post

I'm not pinging the server. I'm using the DownloadString to get the source and then use Regex to get what I need from the source.
That's a horribly inefficient way to do this. The fact that the server is allowing you to download content is more than enough already, actually downloading the X bytes that make up a page is just unnecessary overhead.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post


That's a horribly inefficient way to do this. The fact that the server is allowing you to download content is more than enough already, actually downloading the X bytes that make up a page is just unnecessary overhead.
Well you know what I'm not some Elite Programmer that knows how to do everything right, I make mistakes and don't know everything about programming I'm still learning. Now if you think you know a better way on doing this I would love to hear what you got to say?
Quote Originally Posted by DarkByte7 View Post

Well you know what I'm not some Elite Programmer that knows how to do everything right, I make mistakes and don't know everything about programming I'm still learning. Now if you think you know a better way on doing this I would love to hear what you got to say?
he just said smartass ;x... ping it. (previously)
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
he just said smartass ;x... ping it. (previously)
Well the main problem with that is it doesn't really tell you whether the website is truly down or not it could appear down due to your connection.
Quote Originally Posted by DarkByte7 View Post

Well the main problem with that is it doesn't really tell you whether the website is truly down or not it could appear down due to your connection.
So...? the ping will fail then since you are not having connection to the outside.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
So...? the ping will fail then since you are not having connection to the outside.
What if you have a connection though to the outside just not that site.
Quote Originally Posted by DarkByte7 View Post

What if you have a connection though to the outside just not that site.
o.o? wait wut?
It's alright. I did a similar release a while ago. But Jason has a good point
Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us