SolvedWindows 8

Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1
Windows 8
I'm planning on erasing Windows 7 and installing Windows 8 on my laptop.


Should I install Windows 8 while I'm on Windows 7 or can I erase my entire hdd then boot Windows 8 from a burned DVD?


@Alen

@Ravallo

Need to know fast.

53 minutes left downloading.
Windows 8 is crap.
So my hdd doesn't partion correctly or some shit to install Win8. Im fucked now.


Can somebody tell me how to pirate Win7?
Quote Originally Posted by Fayded View Post
So my hdd doesn't partion correctly or some shit to install Win8. Im fucked now.


Can somebody tell me how to pirate Win7?
Well we're not quite allowed to share torrent links, but you can just look for them on TPB etc
Unsure if you would really want Windows 8 too, Windows 7 Ultimate is perfect for me
Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
Windows 8 is crap.
Yes, because it can function exactly as Windows 7 AND as an awesome touch-interface / tablet OS. I really see your point there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayded View Post
So my hdd doesn't partion correctly or some shit to install Win8. Im fucked now.


Can somebody tell me how to pirate Win7?
Format the disk before you start installing, don't keep the old partition table.
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Yes, because it can function exactly as Windows 7 AND as an awesome touch-interface / tablet OS. I really see your point there.



Format the disk before you start installing, don't keep the old partition table.

I formatted everything. Said something about the EFI.

But I'm installing Win7 Enterprice like it used to have. I installed Ultimate but for some reason, the cpu was on 50%-ish when nothing was running and it was like 3% before.

I'm running this right now.

Darik's Boot And Nuke | Hard Drive Disk Wipe and Data Clearingⓘ

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

And I actually like the Metro UI Windows 8 has. I'm buying it just as soon as it releases. Isn't it suppose to be sometime this year? I read a tablet already comes with Windows 8 Tablet OS.
Quote Originally Posted by Fayded View Post
I formatted everything. Said something about the EFI.

But I'm installing Win7 Enterprice like it used to have. I installed Ultimate but for some reason, the cpu was on 50%-ish when nothing was running and it was like 3% before.

I'm running this right now.

Darik's Boot And Nuke | Hard Drive Disk Wipe and Data Clearing

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

And I actually like the Metro UI Windows 8 has. I'm buying it just as soon as it releases. Isn't it suppose to be sometime this year? I read a tablet already comes with Windows 8 Tablet OS.
Yeah, I think we should be seeing Windows 8 this year. It's transitioned quite well from a desktop OS to a tablet / touch OS which still retains all the desktop features (the metro UI can be disabled to get a complete 7-ish feel). No need to wipe the disk though, all you need to do is just recreate the partition table.
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Yeah, I think we should be seeing Windows 8 this year. It's transitioned quite well from a desktop OS to a tablet / touch OS which still retains all the desktop features (the metro UI can be disabled to get a complete 7-ish feel). No need to wipe the disk though, all you need to do is just recreate the partition table.

Well there's now way to cancel it. 8 hours left.



But I was thinking of buying wither a touch screen all-in-1 then putting my own custom build into it or buying a touch screen monitor.
Quote Originally Posted by Fayded View Post
Well there's now way to cancel it. 8 hours left.

But I was thinking of buying wither a touch screen all-in-1 then putting my own custom build into it or buying a touch screen monitor.
Usually "all in one" PCs are similar to laptops or iMacs - they can't really be upgraded or customized beyond some basic RAM / HDD upgrades. You're best off buying a touch screen and building your own PC.
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Usually "all in one" PCs are similar to laptops or iMacs - they can't really be upgraded or customized beyond some basic RAM / HDD upgrades. You're best off buying a touch screen and building your own PC.
My brother has an old Acer All-in-1 (non touchscreen) and you can pull the back cover off and access everything. Sure you can't?
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Yes, because it can function exactly as Windows 7 AND as an awesome touch-interface / tablet OS. I really see your point there.



Format the disk before you start installing, don't keep the old partition table.

I've had nothing but problems with it It wouldn't calibrate to my touch screen monitor and was sluggish on my PC that has no problem running every game on ultra
Quote Originally Posted by Fayded View Post
My brother has an old Acer All-in-1 (non touchscreen) and you can pull the back cover off and access everything. Sure you can't?
I said "most". Are you sure he can change everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
I've had nothing but problems with it It wouldn't calibrate to my touch screen monitor and was sluggish on my PC that has no problem running every game on ultra
> drivers
> proper settings
> optimizations

You need to take your time to sort it out, simple as that. Worked great on all my PCs
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
I said "most". Are you sure he can change everything?



> drivers
> proper settings
> optimizations

You need to take your time to sort it out, simple as that. Worked great on all my PCs
I was able to get it so it wasn't so choppy, but it still won't calibrate properly Using the Elo 3220L 30", whenever I tap the screen it's about six to eight pixels up and like ten to the left. I'll stick with traditional keyboard and mouse for now I guess.
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
I said "most". Are you sure he can change everything?



> drivers
> proper settings
> optimizations

You need to take your time to sort it out, simple as that. Worked great on all my PCs
Well I just bought him a new GFX, MOBO, CPU, and RAM. So I guess we will find out in a few days. If not, I'll lend him my old case and he will just have to order a HDD and Power Supply.
If I were you, I'd keep Win7.
Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?