HelpServer problems...

Posts 1–15 of 31 · Page 1 of 3
Server problems...
Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me out with me problem. I have made a minecraft server that runs and I can access and play on buy using an internal IP however whenever me or any of my friends try to connect using my external IP it doesn't work. I'm 99.9% sure i have port forwarded correctly and have set up the server right but there must be something else that I haven't done or that I got wrong. I would appreciate any help with this thanks
Open Port Check Tool
Turn the server on and have it look at the port you opened.
If it sees that it's open then you forwarded it correctly

If so, look make your friends connect to [external ip]:[port]
Quote Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
Open Port Check Tool
Turn the server on and have it look at the port you opened.
If it sees that it's open then you forwarded it correctly

If so, look make your friends connect to [external ip]:[port]
I've tried several different port checkers after starting my server and they all say that my port is open and online and I tried putting the port number in after a colon like you suggested but that made no difference. Any other ideas?
Quote Originally Posted by Genoble View Post
I've tried several different port checkers after starting my server and they all say that my port is open and online and I tried putting the port number in after a colon like you suggested but that made no difference. Any other ideas?
What is the message your friends are receiving?
Check port 25565 and make sure the IP variable in server.properties is blank. Make sure that the port variable is 25565.
Quote Originally Posted by Rigby View Post


What is the message your friends are receiving?
It's a mixture between connection times out and can't reach server


Quote Originally Posted by hexacyanide View Post
Check port 25565 and make sure the IP variable in server.properties is blank. Make sure that the port variable is 25565.
Here is my server.properties:

Code:
#Minecraft server properties
#Tue Feb 07 22:41:20 GMT 2012
allow-nether=true
level-name=world
enable-query=false
allow-flight=false
server-port=25565
level-type=DEFAULT
enable-rcon=false
level-seed=
server-ip=
spawn-npcs=true
white-list=false
spawn-animals=true
online-mode=false
pvp=true
difficulty=1
gamemode=0
max-players=20
spawn-monsters=true
view-distance=10
motd=A Minecraft Server
and i have checked the port 25565 is open:

Quote Originally Posted by Genoble View Post
It's a mixture between connection times out and can't reach server




Here is my server.properties:

Code:
#Minecraft server properties
#Tue Feb 07 22:41:20 GMT 2012
allow-nether=true
level-name=world
enable-query=false
allow-flight=false
server-port=25565
level-type=DEFAULT
enable-rcon=false
level-seed=
server-ip=
spawn-npcs=true
white-list=false
spawn-animals=true
online-mode=false
pvp=true
difficulty=1
gamemode=0
max-players=20
spawn-monsters=true
view-distance=10
motd=A Minecraft Server
and i have checked the port 25565 is open:

What is your internet speed?
Quote Originally Posted by Rigby View Post


What is your internet speed?
Ping: 80ms
D/L speed: 6Mbps
U/L speed: 0.8Mbps
I'm clueless. Ports are open, so your friends should be able to join. Send me your ip and I'll see if I can try.
Is this run on a home computer, or on a server with multiple IP addresses?

Make sure you are not pinging a IP like 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx because those are local IPs.
Attempt connecting to your server when it's running using the IP 127.0.0.1.
If that works, continue to find your IP address on Google and ping it, port 25565.
Quote Originally Posted by hexacyanide View Post
Is this run on a home computer, or on a server with multiple IP addresses?

Make sure you are not pinging a IP like 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx because those are local IPs.
Attempt connecting to your server when it's running using the IP 127.0.0.1.
If that works, continue to find your IP address on Google and ping it, port 25565.
I'm using an home computer and I'm pining my external IP however when the server is running I ca only access the server through a local IP. and I tried using 127.0.0.1 and that connects to the server but still my external doesn't.
I think you need Hamachi and your friends must join the network and try again to use the external ip
Quote Originally Posted by hexacyanide View Post
What are you pinging it with?
Do you mean what am I using to check my ports? If so I've used various websites and programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexicidal View Post
I think you need Hamachi and your friends must join the network and try again to use the external ip
I was trying to avoid using Hamachi as I've had problems with it in the past but that's looking more and more like my only option
Quote Originally Posted by Genoble View Post
Do you mean what am I using to check my ports? If so I've used various websites and programs.


I was trying to avoid using Hamachi as I've had problems with it in the past but that's looking more and more like my only option
Tell me your problem with hamachi maybe i can solve it
Posts 1–15 of 31 · Page 1 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us