SolvedOperating System

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Operating System
I'm planning on getting rid of vista.
My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 6400 and was built for XP but is Vista capable (but not really)
Not sure If I should change to Windows 7 or XP
1.83GHz
1gb RAM

What would be best for me and why?
I don't have a spare usb drive anymore but I have a few DVDs I can write stuff on.
The DVDs are a maximum of 4.5gb (Or near that)


So what OS should I get
XP for the best performance.
what I though
Which version of XP is the best
Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
what I though
Which version of XP is the best
I enjoyed XP Professional, it didn't have too many bells and whistles but you can add WHATEVER YOU WANT to the bitch. The good old days
Yea XP Professional was legendary back in the days. Pirate XP or just use any XP you have lying around, unless you want to buy it. Windows 7 would lag with all the Aero effects.
Unless you're looking to play games you could perhaps give some linux distro a shot. Perhaps the noob-friendly Ubuntu. Or just stick to XP (though 7 could work, but not quite as well)
I'm hoping to play some games so I downloaded XP
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?