HelpPulling Text from HTML

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Pulling Text from HTML
So basically, I want to make a Spiders vs Scorpions scoreboard on my form, but pulling the text off of the HTML is kinda confusing. I'm not too sure it's using text or a picture o.o



Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
So basically, I want to make a Spiders vs Scorpions scoreboard on my form, but pulling the text off of the HTML is kinda confusing. I'm not too sure it's using text or a picture o.o



Here is what I mixed up for you:
Code:
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Dim Doc As HtmlElementCollection = WebBrowser1.Document.All
        For Each Ele As HtmlElement In Doc
            If Ele.GetAttribute("className") = "score-spiders" Then  'Change the  bigscore  to what class you want
                MessageBox.Show(Ele.InnerText)
            End If
        Next
    End Sub
The Class should be 'bigscore', knowing from the image above, and the id is 'spider-bigscore' and 'scorpion-bigscore'.

So, the part of the code should be Ele.GetAttribute("bigscore") = "spider-bigscore" - Correct?

If that's true, nothing comes up... No error, no message box.
Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
The Class should be 'bigscore', knowing from the image above, and the id is 'spider-bigscore' and 'scorpion-bigscore'.

So, the part of the code should be Ele.GetAttribute("bigscore") = "spider-bigscore" - Correct?

If that's true, nothing comes up... No error, no message box.
Any chance you can give me the site?
So I could just easy get it?
Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
Thanks, I looked in the 'source'
And from what I see it uses an image to do the score:
And it also look like it uses something else then HTML to set the value.
I have 1 or 2 things left to try out so

EDIT:

For me it seems they haven't started with it yet.
So if I am right. Maybe when they wills tart the ranking.
Maybe then the value will be there.
But for now, it seems to just be there.

They already have the NumberToWord Function in the Java script so...
Suppose it will come later.
Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post
Thanks, I looked in the 'source'
And from what I see it uses an image to do the score:
And it also look like it uses something else then HTML to set the value.
I have 1 or 2 things left to try out so

EDIT:

For me it seems they haven't started with it yet.
So if I am right. Maybe when they wills tart the ranking.
Maybe then the value will be there.
But for now, it seems to just be there.

They already have the NumberToWord Function in the Java script so...
Suppose it will come later.
Ah, thanks. I think i'll just upload txt to the server and change it when it changes until then.
Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post


Ah, thanks. I think i'll just upload txt to the server and change it when it changes until then.
What I can think of...
Is to make a image comparer.
And take a image from the browser and then check it with the old image.
If same do nothing. Else change.

EDIT:

But, there might be someone else out there that have more knowledge about this then me
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us