First-time hacking

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
First-time hacking
Hi everyone,

I'd like to get into hacking TF2. I have some experience with the Source engine, and C++, can anyone give me a little tutorial of where I should start, and maybe give a little example code, please?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: By "where I should start" - I mean, lets say I have perfectly working code that works in any Source game:
Code:
#include "cbase.h"

void TacoCommand ( const CCommand &args )
{
	Msg("Tacos!!!11one\n");
}
 
ConCommand taco( "taco", TacoCommand, "Print text to the console", 0);
How should I compile this as a DLL and inject it into the game?
Quote Originally Posted by vproot View Post
Hi everyone,

I'd like to get into hacking TF2. I have some experience with the Source engine, and C++, can anyone give me a little tutorial of where I should start, and maybe give a little example code, please?

Thanks in advance.
I am at the very same point as you i wan to get into source hacking but i just cant find the tutorials to start from
You want to know how to hook the game engine? That's a little hard (at least for me), but there's some (few) tutorials over the internet. You can start by reading them.
Quote Originally Posted by MarkHC View Post
You want to know how to hook the game engine? That's a little hard (at least for me), but there's some (few) tutorials over the internet. You can start by reading them.
I think I found a good one here : Guide: Hooking the source engine

EDIT: Though, I still don't know how I should implement actual code that would work in say, a mod (see the first post), to work in a hack :C.
Post your codes to a coder, so they can put and publish ^^
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us