SolvedUser Deletion

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
User Deletion
Hey, ^_^
I hope I put this in the right place....

Anyway, I have more users on my Laptop than I need, and I was thinking of deleting the extras. I'm wondering if there are any consequences of deleting a user? Will anything bad happen to my computer over all?

Btw, I wanna delete my current administrative account, and assign a new user with an administrative account. Will anything bad happen if I delete the old user that had the administrative account? I mean there was a lot of shit that I downloaded: pictures, games, music (which I don't use anymore. Manually deleting that crap now). All that'll happen is that It'll save me more space on my computer, right?
Nothing "bad" should happen, you'll just lose whatever settings, files, and other saved stuff from that account. Furthermore some applications can be installed for one user only, so you might lose those too.
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Nothing "bad" should happen, you'll just lose whatever settings, files, and other saved stuff from that account. Furthermore some applications can be installed for one user only, so you might lose those too.
What if some programs that I installed on my administrative user account, that appear on other users too, such as Crossfire. Will those users still have Crossfire on them? Even after the administrative user account it was downloaded from gets deleted?
Quote Originally Posted by Trinia View Post
What if some programs that I installed on my administrative user account, that appear on other users too, such as Crossfire. Will those users still have Crossfire on them? Even after the administrative user account it was downloaded from gets deleted?
Yep, they would.
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Yep, they would.
Thank you!
I appreciate your help. ^_^
And if you have Windows 7 or vista, there is always a hidden administrator account which you can turn on and off via cmd.
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us