Upgrading pc.

Posts 1–15 of 23 · Page 1 of 2
Upgrading pc.
I am going to upgrade my desktop to play CF with no lag and good fps, so i was wondering if you guys could give me suggestions.
I am not going to buy some expensive shit, i can spend around 200$ (usd) but i want it to be less than that, Please don't tell me to upgrade my internet speed because i have 4mb download speed but will get 8mbps soooooon.
Note: i don't want noobs who are just going to post to raise their post counts and i don't even want those who will say get i7, if you are going to post then post about everything xD
I would URGE you to purchase a new graphics card. Right now, I have an ATI Radeon HD 3200 and run CF at around 40-50 ping each game. To help fix slow gameplay, play at 1240 x 700 or 800 x 600. I would get a graphics card around what I have which can cost maybe a bit over $200.00 but it is sure worth it. Also, checking for any display adapter driver updates can be very important. PM me any feedback.
Moved.
You will find more answers here
200$ too much, i can spend like 100 on graphics card but i still want to save some money which i can use for other things. Any help on other stuff?

Thanks tempuhhhhhhh
You should post your current hardware. It would be a lot easier to see what you necessarily need to upgrade
Processor: Intel Core 2 duo CPU E700 @ 2.80GHz 2.53GHZ
RAM: 2GB
NO graphics card :/
Yeah, get the 6670, i have one
Also, search around on Toms Hardware, they have good reviews etc.

That's all I can suggest since "I am going to upgrade my desktop to play CF with no lag and good fps"

Also, FYI guys, hardware like PSU, CPU and GPU have absolutely NOTHING to do with ping/internet lag.
If you have no GPU then for sure get one lol. At this time yeah, don't upgrade anything else with your current budget
Guys i can spend around 400$ which is around 1900 SAR, i want to upgrade because i am only getting 30fps on eagle eye :/ 8mbps download speed is good enough for cf because i have 113 ping with 4mbps, so i think i'd get around 80 ping with 8mbps xD
Ok there bud lets not worry about your internet as FPS lag is completely different from the internet lag. If you can spend $400, you may shoot for something high end such as what I have, an EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition. Of course, there is something cheaper but a little less powerful. The GTX 660 or 660ti. Make sure it works with everything else though. One does not simply insert hardware and expects to work
Quote Originally Posted by ToniTang View Post
Ok there bud lets not worry about your internet as FPS lag is completely different from the internet lag. If you can spend $400, you may shoot for something high end such as what I have, an EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition. Of course, there is something cheaper but a little less powerful. The GTX 660 or 660ti. Make sure it works with everything else though. One does not simply insert hardware and expects to work
i wouldnt suggest him a gtx 670 since he only has 400 to spend, keep in mind that he also needs a bigger PSU if he wants to go high end.
I would recommend u a 660 gtx also , because in the future u can buy another card for a much cheaper price and go SLI.
Quote Originally Posted by muscheg View Post
i wouldnt suggest him a gtx 670 since he only has 400 to spend, keep in mind that he also needs a bigger PSU if he wants to go high end.
I would recommend u a 660 gtx also , because in the future u can buy another card for a much cheaper price and go SLI.
How much are these both?
I would suggest u to buy a 660 gtx, its like 250 bucks i think, the 660GTX Ti one cost roughly 300 and the 670 gtx is about 400, you can get it for 380 if u look it up a bit
Posts 1–15 of 23 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us