SolvedOpenGL Error

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
OpenGL Error
I hadn't played Minecrcaft in a while, but decided I wanted to start playing it again. I'm getting the OpenGL error whenever I try to play Minecraft.
http://i48.tinypic.com/2z70m5t.pngⓘ
I've already tried updating my drivers several times, uninstalling them several different ways then re-installing them, and different versions of the drivers.
http://i47.tinypic.com/5tt99y.pngⓘ
I made two pastebins for this:
DxDiag reportⓘ
Minecraft Error Logsⓘ
No idea what else to try. OpenGL Viewer and GPU Caps Viewer both say my graphics card is incompatible with any OpenGL above 1.1, but I'm confused because I have run Minecraft on this same computer before with no problems.
I have a legitimate (Premium) Minecraft account and this is on a Windows computer (although the latter should be obvious from the screenshots and pastebins).
Thanks for your time.
So, your drivers are up to date? If so, good.
Have you downloaded the most recent Java? That could be a reason to this error - it was mine a long time ago.
Try updating your Java, and if you do and it still doesn't work come back to this thread and tell me.
Thanks for replying. Yes, I made sure to install the latest Java version and DirectX version as well. I think it's an error with the driver not updating OpenGL. NVIDIA's website says my card supports the latest version of OpenGL 9 (HEREⓘ), but GLEW says I only have OpenGL 1.1 installed (HEREⓘ).
Quote Originally Posted by monkeytaco View Post
Thanks for replying. Yes, I made sure to install the latest Java version and DirectX version as well. I think it's an error with the driver not updating OpenGL. NVIDIA's website says my card supports the latest version of OpenGL 9 (HERE), but GLEW says I only have OpenGL 1.1 installed (HERE).
Did you complety remove all drivers and software relating to your graphics card and reinstall them? I recommend drive sweeper to clean it up. All I can think of is that the drivers are out of date.
Quote Originally Posted by Egghead1019 View Post
Did you complety remove all drivers and software relating to your graphics card and reinstall them? I recommend drive sweeper to clean it up. All I can think of is that the drivers are out of date.
I did. I think I might just have to get a new graphics card JUST so Minecraft will work...
Quote Originally Posted by monkeytaco View Post
I did. I think I might just have to get a new graphics card JUST so Minecraft will work...
What are your computer specs? RAM, Graphics card, processor, etc?
Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post


What are your computer specs? RAM, Graphics card, processor, etc?
I feel that he/she would have to have a mammoth (old) of a cpu to not be able to run Minecraft. Running Minecraft is not the problem, keeping it on without lag is for old computers.

Nevertheless this would be a helpful bit of information.
The OP has not responded to this thread in about a week so I'm going to have to assume this is solved. If you have any more questions, or need some help feel free to make a new thread. Thanks!

/solved
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us