QuestionTanks.

Posts 1–15 of 42 · Page 1 of 3
Tanks.
Can you guys help me pick a tank for me? So far, I'm thinking about Shen. He can heal his allies assuming they attack the target that his Q is on; he can taunt the enemies to prevent escaping or to help his allies escape; he can shield himself; his ultimate can be a pain in the ass.
I'm honestly not looking for a tank like Voli where his bite can ks everyone. I'm trying to decide on a tank where I can be extremely tanky (Preferably against AD if it matters), and have a good skill set that allows me to help my teammate despite the fact I have no damage output.
Shen is not AD; he scales off AP. If you are looking for an aggressive Shen build i would go wit's and tri force. Anyways, i would recommend Rammus, or Malphite if you're looking to help your team. Also, it highly depends on the other team. For example if they are high AP, I would go Galio. If they are high AD i would pick Rammus/Malphite.
Quote Originally Posted by Cemenela View Post
Shen is not AD; he scales off AP. If you are looking for an aggressive Shen build i would go wit's and tri force. Anyways, i would recommend Rammus, or Malphite if you're looking to help your team. Also, it highly depends on the other team. For example if they are high AP, I would go Galio. If they are high AD i would pick Rammus/Malphite.
Whoops, yeah I know he's AP. I played him before. Yeah, I was thinking about Malphite as well. I used to have Rammus and honestly, he's not my play style.

At this point, I'm pretty much between Shen/Garen/Malphite.
Shen because I can build him tanky with some AP and his skills are like the perfect kit. Garen because his shield has a passive that increases his armor/magic resist from the bonus amount he gets. Malphite because he has a good passive which would be pretty helpful in my opinion. When I play ADC against Malphite, it's pretty annoying when you deal like nothing early game.
Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Whoops, yeah I know he's AP. I played him before. Yeah, I was thinking about Malphite as well. I used to have Rammus and honestly, he's not my play style.

At this point, I'm pretty much between Shen/Garen/Malphite.
Shen because I can build him tanky with some AP and his skills are like the perfect kit. Garen because his shield has a passive that increases his armor/magic resist from the bonus amount he gets. Malphite because he has a good passive which would be pretty helpful in my opinion. When I play ADC against Malphite, it's pretty annoying when you deal like nothing early game.
It mainly depends how you build with Garen, I would recommend a BC (black cleaver) and then just go mainly tanky items. I know it's out of the meta, but you can still go atma's if you're team lacks damage. Garen honestly has a very high amount of damage as long as you have some type of armor pen. BC should be a good item because it applies with your q, and each hit of your e. He also has sustain, which is great in lane. A very down side about Garen is he can be easily kited, which can be a serious problem laning phase. I would recommend buying more than one tank so you can pick for your team comp.
Malphite if a great choice, but if they are heavy AP he would suck. He has an amazing initiation, and completely shuts down the AD carry.
Shen is an all around great choice, he gives a shield and has his own (good for tanking).
Quote Originally Posted by Terell. View Post
From what you said on your OP, I suggest you not get garen and lean towards more of Malphite, Amuu, Rammus, Leona ideally I think the one that best fits your description is Dr.Mundo
I've tried Garen as off tank and it wasn't so bad, never played Malphite/Leona yet. Amumu is pretty OP but you need really good positioning to stun all 5 of them sometimes. I was considering Leona but when I see people with her, she's not as tanky as I thought she would be. Mundo has a lot of health regen but ignite really messes you over.

Quote Originally Posted by royrey7 View Post
If you play voli correctly he would suit you :p

But i think that someone you might find interesting is renekton, or mundo like Terrell said. They are both very fun to play, (Mundo can 1v1 anyone) And if played right, renekton can dominate top against most opponents. He has a high damage output, for early-mid game (Late game if you build damage as well) But he's still scary AF late game if he goes tank, especially with his ult.

Renekton is a very fun champ as well :P

OR you could try singed! Singed is...well singed. All you do is f*ck with people all game...Literally.
Never seen a full tank Renekton. Seems kind of interesting; he sounds better as a bruiser though. I have Singed as well, it's hard for me to go full tank, and yet have enough AP to kill with my flips and poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemenela View Post
It mainly depends how you build with Garen, I would recommend a BC (black cleaver) and then just go mainly tanky items. I know it's out of the meta, but you can still go atma's if you're team lacks damage. Garen honestly has a very high amount of damage as long as you have some type of armor pen. BC should be a good item because it applies with your q, and each hit of your e. He also has sustain, which is great in lane. A very down side about Garen is he can be easily kited, which can be a serious problem laning phase. I would recommend buying more than one tank so you can pick for your team comp.
Malphite if a great choice, but if they are heavy AP he would suck. He has an amazing initiation, and completely shuts down the AD carry.
Shen is an all around great choice, he gives a shield and has his own (good for tanking).
Yeah, he has a high damage output as well, but I'm just looking into him because He has a shield and a passive that raises your armor/magic resist pretty high in my opinion.
Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
I've tried Garen as off tank and it wasn't so bad, never played Malphite/Leona yet. Amumu is pretty OP but you need really good positioning to stun all 5 of them sometimes. I was considering Leona but when I see people with her, she's not as tanky as I thought she would be. Mundo has a lot of health regen but ignite really messes you over.

Ignite? You'll be jungling lol. I doubt minion monsters will ignite you . & Don't tell me that you'll die from ignite from enemy player when you're ganking because the only time ignite can even kill you or scuff you is when you're level 1-3. Again I think Dr. Mundo ideally fits your description.. and btw Garen is an offtank, a bruiser. You said you were looking for someone tanky that doesnt have any really damage output.
From what you said on your OP, I suggest you not get garen and lean towards more of Malphite, Amuu, Rammus, Leona ideally I think the one that best fits your description is Dr.Mundo
Quote Originally Posted by Terell. View Post
From what you said on your OP, I suggest you not get garen and lean towards more of Malphite, Amuu, Rammus, Leona ideally I think the one that best fits your description is Dr.Mundo
He knows what he's talking about. Malphite, Amumu, leona, or taric. Also depends on what lane you want. Malphite doesn't do much damage but he does a decent amount, scales off armor, and has a slow and a group knock up. Amumu has his tears + Rylah's for infinite slow and his ult for full team trap while dealing fairly nice damage. Leona is just a CC champ with a skill that'll bring up armor but no heal. Taric has a nice base AD (highest base AD in game i think) and that'll give damage, he can give armor to his ADC and to himself or deal damage with shatter, his ult will give his ADC more damage, and he has dazzle for stun AND heal.
Quote Originally Posted by Unicow View Post
He knows what he's talking about. Malphite, Amumu, leona, or taric. Also depends on what lane you want. Malphite doesn't do much damage but he does a decent amount, scales off armor, and has a slow and a group knock up. Amumu has his tears + Rylah's for infinite slow and his ult for full team trap while dealing fairly nice damage. Leona is just a CC champ with a skill that'll bring up armor but no heal. Taric has a nice base AD (highest base AD in game i think) and that'll give damage, he can give armor to his ADC and to himself or deal damage with shatter, his ult will give his ADC more damage, and he has dazzle for stun AND heal.
Is Malphite good against AP?

Quote Originally Posted by DawgiiStylz View Post
Amumu would be more of a teamwork chamption then Garen. Garen is like a tank that can do high damage output where other tanks are more annoying till you die.
Garen=High damage even without items? I mean like, high/low damage isn't my concern. I just want to be really tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Terell. View Post
Ignite? You'll be jungling lol. I doubt minion monsters will ignite you /pls. & Don't tell me that you'll die from ignite from enemy player when you're ganking because the only time ignite can even kill you or scuff you is when you're level 1-3. Again I think Dr. Mundo ideally fits your description.. and btw Garen is an offtank, a bruiser. You said you were looking for someone tanky that doesnt have any really damage output.
LOL no, I mean like in team fights if they ignite me early on that'll let them kill me easily. Isn't that true? Mundo is like all about health/health regen.
Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Is Malphite good against AP?



Garen=High damage even without items? I mean like, high/low damage isn't my concern. I just want to be really tank.


LOL no, I mean like in team fights if they ignite me early on that'll let them kill me easily. Isn't that true? Mundo is like all about health/health regen.
Wtf teamfights? No you're insane by teamfights you'll be tanky enough to run circles around their ADC.
Quote Originally Posted by Terell. View Post
Wtf teamfights? No you're insane by teamfights you'll be tanky enough to run circles around their ADC.

That's pretty much what I'm looking for! (: Do you mind telling me a good build? When I play mundo I tend to go Health Regen & a bunch of health.
Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
That's pretty much what I'm looking for! (: Do you mind telling me a good build? When I play mundo I tend to go Health Regen & a bunch of health.
Yeah sure, it's like you said I think you got the idea, you literally just stack HP you don't even need arm or mr unless they're fed or w/e. Just run warmogs, spirit visage, and alot of new junglers are starting to get iron locket as first items. Really the way you want to build him is to your own preference on how you want him to be. Some people like sunfire on him also while others rather the Randuims Omen, its up to you bro. If you feel insecure on your build look up mobafire builds or TSM builds.
If you play voli correctly he would suit you

But i think that someone you might find interesting is renekton, or mundo like Terrell said. They are both very fun to play, (Mundo can 1v1 anyone) And if played right, renekton can dominate top against most opponents. He has a high damage output, for early-mid game (Late game if you build damage as well) But he's still scary AF late game if he goes tank, especially with his ult.

Renekton is a very fun champ as well :P

OR you could try singed! Singed is...well singed. All you do is f*ck with people all game...Literally.
Amumu would be more of a teamwork chamption then Garen. Garen is like a tank that can do high damage output where other tanks are more annoying till you die.
Malphite, he doesnt die and his damage output is decent.
Posts 1–15 of 42 · Page 1 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us