QuestionTanks.

Posts 16–30 of 42 · Page 2 of 3
Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
That's pretty much what I'm looking for! (: Do you mind telling me a good build? When I play mundo I tend to go Health Regen & a bunch of health.
Lol Garen can pretty much initiate by running into the enemy team. His shield reduces incoming damage and CC for like 6 seconds.

My Garen build:
Merc: MR + Tenacity
BC: Shread armor + Health + Damage + CDR
War: Health + Regen
Impale: Imo, this item works AMAZINGLY with Garen; Crit for E + Armor + Damage
IE: Even more damage
GA: Armor and MR

In the end:
about 3.3k health
about 200 armor
about 160 MR
about 300 AD (and his abilities scale so damn high )
40% crit chance

He's basically a champ that you don't want to focus on, but if you don't, he will kill you.
Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post


Lol Garen can pretty much initiate by running into the enemy team. His shield reduces incoming damage and CC for like 6 seconds.

My Garen build:
Merc: MR + Tenacity
BC: Shread armor + Health + Damage + CDR
War: Health + Regen
Impale: Imo, this item works AMAZINGLY with Garen; Crit for E + Armor + Damage
IE: Even more damage
GA: Armor and MR

In the end:
about 3.3k health
about 200 armor
about 160 MR
about 300 AD (and his abilities scale so damn high :dead:)
40% crit chance

He's basically a champ that you don't want to focus on, but if you don't, he will kill you.
Really? There's damage there I'm willing to get rid of, so you're telling me I can go even higher?! Ohmygod. And here I was almost sure Mundo was the right one.
Back to Mundo Vs. Garen :3
Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Really? There's damage there I'm willing to get rid of, so you're telling me I can go even higher?! Ohmygod. And here I was almost sure Mundo was the right one.
Back to Mundo Vs. Garen :3
Well Mundo is more of a tank where as Garen is tanky and hurts like hell due to the high scaling.

Mundo is countered by ignite/reduced health regen (which there will probably be), and Garen may be kiting, but its kinda hard to kite him since he can Q which increases his movement speed (at lvl 5 Q, its lasts for a while...). And since you said you can get rid of some damage, you can always replace IE with Omen so it would be EVEN harder to kite you and in turn making you even tankier.
Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post


Well Mundo is more of a tank where as Garen is tanky and hurts like hell due to the high scaling.

Mundo is countered by ignite/reduced health regen (which there will probably be), and Garen may be kiting, but its kinda hard to kite him since he can Q which increases his movement speed (at lvl 5 Q, its lasts for a while...). And since you said you can get rid of some damage, you can always replace IE with Omen so it would be EVEN harder to kite you and in turn making you even tankier.
Yeah, I used to build tons of health on mundo and ignite would really mess me over. I like Garen's passive on his shield with the bonus armor/magic resist.
Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Yeah, I used to build tons of health on mundo and ignite would really mess me over. I like Garen's passive on his shield with the bonus armor/magic resist.
Also reduces all incoming damage by 30% for 6 seconds, natural tanking
Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post


Also reduces all incoming damage by 30% for 6 seconds, natural tanking
Um no. It's 3 seconds. and its not 30% until he's 18. & No shit Garen does more damage herp derp herp. He's a bruiser. @Professor If you are truly looking for a full on tank Mundo > Garen. He gets much tankier than Garen. Then as Garen falls of hard lategame, Mundo scales best at lategame resulting in him extremely more tanky than Garen can ever be. If you're Mundo you go where you please, you're ccless with your ult on. Mundo is going to be tankier than Garen because you're not gonna be building damage and even if you would go full tank Garen, Dr.Mundo would still be tankier than him.
Quote Originally Posted by Terell. View Post
Um no. It's 3 seconds. and its not 30% until he's 18. & No shit Garen does more damage herp derp herp. He's a bruiser. @Professor If you are truly looking for a full on tank Mundo > Garen. He gets much tankier than Garen. Then as Garen falls of hard lategame, Mundo scales best at lategame resulting in him extremely more tanky than Garen can ever be. If you're Mundo you go where you please, you're ccless with your ult on. Mundo is going to be tankier than Garen because you're not gonna be building damage and even if you would go full tank Garen, Dr.Mundo would still be tankier than him.
His ultimate costs like nothing, for all that health regeneration. That's something I like about him; even if you were dying you could just press "R" and be like full health again. Considering I have both of them [Garen & Mundo] I think I'll try both of them in a custom game and see who has more armor/magic resist in the end.
Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
His ultimate costs like nothing, for all that health regeneration. That's something I like about him; even if you were dying you could just press "R" and be like full health again. Considering I have both of them [Garen & Mundo] I think I'll try both of them in a custom game and see who has more armor/magic resist in the end.
If you're going to test it like that then you're going to have to build them with the same exact builds if you want precise results.
Quote Originally Posted by Terell. View Post
If you're going to test it like that then you're going to have to build them with the same exact builds if you want precise results.
I was planning to use two different build, both for their maximum "peak" basically. Mundo is tons of HP and Regen and Garen is more of straight forward Armor/Magic Resist. If I were to use the same build for both of them it would either benefit one of them or it would have to have no benefits for it to be fair.
Am I wrong?
Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
I was planning to use two different build, both for their maximum "peak" basically. Mundo is tons of HP and Regen and Garen is more of straight forward Armor/Magic Resist. If I were to use the same build for both of them it would either benefit one of them or it would have to have no benefits for it to be fair.
Am I wrong?
Meh nah, I guess you could conduct it like that, in a control variable type of way . Hope you find what you're looking for
Quote Originally Posted by Terell. View Post
Um no. It's 3 seconds. and its not 30% until he's 18. & No shit Garen does more damage herp derp herp. He's a bruiser. @Professor If you are truly looking for a full on tank Mundo > Garen. He gets much tankier than Garen. Then as Garen falls of hard lategame, Mundo scales best at lategame resulting in him extremely more tanky than Garen can ever be. If you're Mundo you go where you please, you're ccless with your ult on. Mundo is going to be tankier than Garen because you're not gonna be building damage and even if you would go full tank Garen, Dr.Mundo would still be tankier than him.
They're both not really supportive tanks which is what hes looking for. They both have just damaging/tanking abilities. If your looking for a team playing kinda tank, I would go for Shen, Malphite, Alistar, Amumu, Galio, Nautilus, Rammus (hes ehh), or Sejuani (also ehh imo) since all of them have some sort of CC and most of them can nicely initiate a teamfight without dying.
Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post


They're both not really supportive tanks which is what hes looking for. They both have just damaging/tanking abilities. If your looking for a team playing kinda tank, I would go for Shen, Malphite, Alistar, Amumu, Galio, Nautilus, Rammus (hes ehh), or Sejuani (also ehh imo) since all of them have some sort of CC and most of them can nicely initiate a teamfight without dying.
Both damaging/tanking abilities ? Did you really just compare Mundo and Garen.? Garen is a bruiser. Mundo is a tank. Ideally Mundo is the best choice for him, he'll find that out soon enough for himself. Unless he decides he doesnt like Mundos kit. Now unless you can woop me in 1v1 or just go + in a game with me stop sizing up to me, because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.


@Royce lets play son it's been so long
Quote Originally Posted by Terell. View Post

Both damaging/tanking abilities ? Did you really just compare Mundo and Garen.? Garen is a bruiser. Mundo is a tank.
Mundo isn't really that useful of a tank, yeah he has lots of regen and health but that doesn't matter because usually the goal during a team fight is to go for the adc or apc and some tanks can taunt or CC enemies so they can't do that. For example, I'd rather have an Alistar (tanks less that Mundo usually) over Mundo since his headbutt + pulverize can do wonders where as Mundo throws a cleaver and stands in the front, big whup, I'm guessing in higher elos people just usually ignore him.
Quote Originally Posted by Terell. View Post

Both damaging/tanking abilities ? Did you really just compare Mundo and Garen.? Garen is a bruiser. Mundo is a tank. Ideally Mundo is the best choice for him, he'll find that out soon enough for himself. Unless he decides he doesnt like Mundos kit. Now unless you can woop me in 1v1 or just go + in a game with me stop sizing up to me, because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.


@Royce lets play son it's been so long
Never playing with you again. I have yet to play 1 game with you where you don't decide to troll. Learned my lesson after about 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Sej is the best tank nuff said

Burgessjr - North America - Summoners - League of Legends

ignores those lost though, I was testing stuff, but I never die with her except that one game
That permaslow.
Posts 16–30 of 42 · Page 2 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us