RotMG Server Collaboration Thread

Posts 16–26 of 26 · Page 2 of 2
Quote Originally Posted by UltraN00b View Post
@ @Botmaker What! I don't know anything about the game server... Well, Is anyone else up to the task? I hate working alone.
I browsed the java source (I don't know java well but it's very similar to c#) and it looks out of my reach. Not sure what to do now
Me and corang built the MMO Empire source and created a proper mySQL database for it.
However, when we create a character, we connect to the server fine, then sit at a black screen.
Anyone know where I could find the logs for my database? I doubt a request to create a character was even sent to the mySQL server...
Quote Originally Posted by krazyshank View Post
Me and corang built the MMO Empire source and created a proper mySQL database for it.
However, when we create a character, we connect to the server fine, then sit at a black screen.
Anyone know where I could find the logs for my database? I doubt a request to create a character was even sent to the mySQL server...
Try running it on localhost.
@ @soer1 So, can you develop the Game Server? I'm currently tied up with the Account server.
Update:

@ @Botmaker After lots of deliberation, and reading up on the legality of Private Servers, I've decided to throw in the towel as well. There seems to be no point in developing a server, breaking all laws, draining away time like water through a sink just for some ungrateful people who would rather play on the finished product and still whine and complain about it, and call it as their own work and still not help out in any way in the developmental process. I created the Account Server in 5 hours before releasing it, but once released, I had to answer so many questions that the development of the Database took another 2 days. People constantly PM me instead of simply googling the answer.

I've decided to keep my future work private, and if I feel that the MPGH community is mature enough to handle Server Emulators without asking every single question that has been answered for the bazillionth time, then I may release it.

And no, I wont be Commiting to my Github Project either, so everyone can forget about it.
@Botmaker if you still want to continue privately without any expectations from other people, just for fun, PM me.

PS. MPGH (I thought) was for people with actual coding skills instead of whiners/leechers and ungratefuls. Once again I was proven wrong.

I'm 15, and if I can do it, so can you!
Quote Originally Posted by krazyshank View Post
Me and corang built the MMO Empire source and created a proper mySQL database for it.
However, when we create a character, we connect to the server fine, then sit at a black screen.
Anyone know where I could find the logs for my database? I doubt a request to create a character was even sent to the mySQL server...
You mean compile ?
Quote Originally Posted by UltraN00b View Post
Update:

@ @Botmaker After lots of deliberation, and reading up on the legality of Private Servers, I've decided to throw in the towel as well. There seems to be no point in developing a server, breaking all laws, draining away time like water through a sink just for some ungrateful people who would rather play on the finished product and still whine and complain about it, and call it as their own work and still not help out in any way in the developmental process. I created the Account Server in 5 hours before releasing it, but once released, I had to answer so many questions that the development of the Database took another 2 days. People constantly PM me instead of simply googling the answer.

I've decided to keep my future work private, and if I feel that the MPGH community is mature enough to handle Server Emulators without asking every single question that has been answered for the bazillionth time, then I may release it.

And no, I wont be Commiting to my Github Project either, so everyone can forget about it.
@Botmaker if you still want to continue privately without any expectations from other people, just for fun, PM me.

PS. MPGH (I thought) was for people with actual coding skills instead of whiners/leechers and ungratefuls. Once again I was proven wrong.

I'm 15, and if I can do it, so can you!
This is pretty much the same reason why I stopped releasing roti and other projects.

Though please dont blame mpgh as a whole, people on rotmg sections are complete noobs but there are lots of other sections aswell

I do agree with it all and I am even a year younger then him.
Quote Originally Posted by UltraN00b View Post
Update:

@ @Botmaker After lots of deliberation, and reading up on the legality of Private Servers, I've decided to throw in the towel as well. There seems to be no point in developing a server, breaking all laws, draining away time like water through a sink just for some ungrateful people who would rather play on the finished product and still whine and complain about it, and call it as their own work and still not help out in any way in the developmental process. I created the Account Server in 5 hours before releasing it, but once released, I had to answer so many questions that the development of the Database took another 2 days. People constantly PM me instead of simply googling the answer.

I've decided to keep my future work private, and if I feel that the MPGH community is mature enough to handle Server Emulators without asking every single question that has been answered for the bazillionth time, then I may release it.

And no, I wont be Commiting to my Github Project either, so everyone can forget about it.
@Botmaker if you still want to continue privately without any expectations from other people, just for fun, PM me.

PS. MPGH (I thought) was for people with actual coding skills instead of whiners/leechers and ungratefuls. Once again I was proven wrong.

I'm 15, and if I can do it, so can you!
It's sad to see people go... @nilly, @Botmaker, @Hubble... now @UltraN00b. MPGH, look what you have done. You have literally leeched everything they made into nothing. To be rather blatant, you screwed over the RotMG hacking community. We had several coders and developers that spent their own time and resources into building something that they gave away with no thought of profit for themselves. @UltraN00b, as a 15-year-old who only knows HTML and CSS, I am astounded at the amount of knowledge you have and the amount of knowledge that you have accumulated over the years in terms of programming. I could never have done anything like what any of you fantastic people have done.
Thank you for everything!
Quote Originally Posted by droppy View Post

It's sad to see people go... @nilly, @Botmaker, @Hubble... now @UltraN00b. MPGH, look what you have done. You have literally leeched everything they made into nothing. To be rather blatant, you screwed over the RotMG hacking community. We had several coders and developers that spent their own time and resources into building something that they gave away with no thought of profit for themselves. @UltraN00b, as a 15-year-old who only knows HTML and CSS, I am astounded at the amount of knowledge you have and the amount of knowledge that you have accumulated over the years in terms of programming. I could never have done anything like what any of you fantastic people have done.
Thank you for everything!

Big 'ol +1 to this, this subforum of MPGH will die just like ROTMG itself is.
@UltraN00b
Thats a very understandable decision for you to make, no one should have to answer to all those questions, whilst people can figure it out themselves. Your work was a great project for coders to mess around with and edit it, to make it a working server, yet not a ton of people contributed and tried to make the client better. I hope all your followers will understand your decision of making this a private project and I hope that we coders can and will continue to try and contribute to the server as much as we can. All the credits go to you and @Botmaker for creating such a server and spending time developing it. It's sad to see you guys leave, but understandable
@ @pokemaster777 @runekri3 Well, I'm not leaving the forum as such, but will greatly reduce the amount of threads posted by me.

All the whiners of MPGH cannot bring down the fact that indeed I've made great friends who helped my in every step of the way(Thank you @nilly @runekri3 @Botmaker @flyrocket @059 @Hubble @xrythx ). You all have helped me and made me into a more mature programmer than I ever could've been without your help(a special shoutout goes to furyhunter @akanya and @Ikulip for creating the incredibly detailed proxies and scripts that Reverse Engineered RotMG to the core).

Lastly I would like to thank the people who've answered those stupid questions to the leechers on my behalf.

Cheers,
Your fellow RotMG Reverser,
UltraN00b
sucks to see you guys stop working on this publicly, I'm gonna grab Botmakers new server file once it gets approved and see what I might be able to learn I only started prgramming at the start of the year and don't know to much.
Posts 16–26 of 26 · Page 2 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us