ExclamationC++ Help

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
C++ Help
In Visual Basic, when I type a letter, it gives me a whole bunch of codes I can use. But in Visual C++, it doesn't. Is there anyway for this to appear in C++ too?
Which version of msvs are you using? I think* 2010 "doesn't support intellisense for C++ because they didn't have time" , but the 2008 version has it? Not sure about 2012(I would assume yes).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelli-sense

google: msvs version + intellisense for more details.

In other ide's pressing ctrl+space will bring up the intellisense menu, maybe try that, or search if msvs has a similar shortcut.

edit: Can someone who uses c++ more confirm that?
Quote Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
Which version of msvs are you using? I think* 2010 "doesn't support intellisense for C++ because they didn't have time" , but the 2008 version has it? Not sure about 2012(I would assume yes).

Intelli-sense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

google: msvs version + intellisense for more details.

In other ide's pressing ctrl+space will bring up the intellisense menu, maybe try that, or search if msvs has a similar shortcut.

edit: Can someone who uses c++ more confirm that?
I use Visual Basic 2010 Express. C+Space doesn't do anything.
Control + space * ? Very bottom-left of the keyboard. - I think 2010 doesn't support it. Google, or wait for someone else to confirm : )

edit: " I use Visual Basic 2010 Express " : I assume you mean you also have C++ Express 2010.

edit2: I don't remember testing very much (I mostly do vb), maybe it has support for one of the types of C++ projects? CLI32 : which are you trying to use?
Quote Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
Control + space * ? Very bottom-left of the keyboard. - I think 2010 doesn't support it. Google, or wait for someone else to confirm : )

edit: " I use Visual Basic 2010 Express " : I assume you mean you also have C++ Express 2010.

edit2: I don't remember testing very much (I mostly do vb), maybe it has support for one of the types of C++ projects? CLI32 : which are you trying to use?
Not sure, but Ctrl+Space doesn't work. I really need this thing..
Anyways, I'll try to handle my coding without intellisense, although it will be hard. But off from this topic, can you find any tutorial for Visual C++ 2010 express SaveFileDialog? I can't seem to find any good tutorials.
Not really, I could google it right now, but...
msdn site. Dialog classes are pretty basics

If (dialog.Show() == Dialog.OK) {
// the user pressed the OK button
//Use some property of the dialog, for example if a file was selected
}
else
{
//The user pressed the cancel button : probably do nothing, maybe pop up a msg box saying "action canceled" or whatnot.
}

each dialog has certain properties like .FileName, .Color (colorDialog), etc. Msdn will have a full description of each property : go through the list and see which ones look useful.


edit:
https://www.google.com/search?q=msdn+savefiledialog - google search
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...iledialog.aspx -first result. @ msdn
i suggest you install visual studio 2012, this version gives you the tips.
Quote Originally Posted by AeroMan View Post
i suggest you install visual studio 2012, this version gives you the tips.
Before I install this, does this have the so called "intellisense" to it enabled automatically? And this is basically the same thing as Visual C++ right?
I'm just a beginner so I need some good help.
Quote Originally Posted by JimTheGreat View Post

Before I install this, does this have the so called "intellisense" to it enabled automatically? And this is basically the same thing as Visual C++ right?
I'm just a beginner so I need some good help.
Yep, its automatically enabled.
Visual studio includes the following; C++, C#, Visual Basic, ...
Its basicly a collection of several coding languages.
Yes, it is automatically enabled.

"And this is basically the same thing as Visual C++ right?"
Microsoft Visual Studios aka msvs
Is the combinations of ALL programming languages m$ supports --> comes with vb,c#,(asp),f#,C++,J# (?), maybe more?. OR, if you choose, you can select to only install the ones you want. Visual C++ is part of msvs.
Visual Studios = All the products
Visual C++ Express = only C++
Visual Basic Express = only VB
etc.
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudi...press-products
-----------------
A book is pretty good help. You live in USA? Most libraries are free.
Quote Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
Visual Studios = All the products
Visual C++ Express = only C++
Visual Basic Express = only VB
etc.
That explains it. I'll try Visual Studio. @Jorndel
Close this thread plox.
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us