quick question

Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
quick question
Since I forgot how to use google, and wanted to know for sure:

I found an Samsung Galaxy S3 last week, and I want to sell it to a friend of mine.
Now, my question is, can the phone be traced back by it's IMEI number? (well, I know it can, but is there a way for me to change the IMEI nr.)
I already factory reset the phone and everything.

<3
I don't own an android phone, but I think you can change the IMEI if it's cracked. But in some countries this is flagged as illegal
Why do you even want to change it?
Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
I don't own an android phone, but I think you can change the IMEI if it's cracked. But in some countries this is flagged as illegal
Why do you even want to change it?
Obviously so that when he sells the phone they cannot trace it back to whoever he sold it too, therefore being traced back to him. Therefore being put down for possession of stolen goods.
Quote Originally Posted by UnlogicalSloth View Post
Obviously so that when he sells the phone they cannot trace it back to whoever he sold it too, therefore being traced back to him. Therefore being put down for possession of stolen goods.
This ^
Anyone else have some suggestions?
I'm sure you can, but I think I read if you do it in the USA, it won't connect with your provider's towers anymore. Not 100% sure, esp on Europe.
Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
I'm sure you can, but I think I read if you do it in the USA, it won't connect with your provider's towers anymore. Not 100% sure, esp on Europe.
The phone itself is simlock free so that shouldnt be a problem than I think, thanks bud.
Someone out there is looking for their phone.
You stole mah damn phone. What the hell man?
Maybe this'll come out handy:
I think they cant trace it back with IMEI, i sold both my iPhone 4S all they can do with the IMEI is check if its stolen or if its under warranty and i think it will be the same for android devices.
Lol.
Dutch scammer
Phone companies actually like it when customers get their phones stolen, it means more money for them. I live in the ghetto where stolen phones are bought and sold all the time. No one gets in trouble for this shit over here. I doubt they're going to send the police to find your ass over one phone.
alright cheers bro's
Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?