Make Maps Load faster

Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
Make Maps Load faster
THIS REALLY WORK IT DOES NOT HAVE TO DECOMPRESS EVERYTIME YOU RUN IT AND IT DOES NOT LOWER IN-GAME QUALITY!!! DON'T LISTEN TO WHOEVER SAYS IT DOES!! TRY IT FOR YOURSELF AND YOU WILL SEE IT WORKS!!!

This should also help with lag but is mainly so maps load faster, I do this all the time and it loads about twice as fast. Well here it is.

Go to your nexon folder that has combat arms inside usually: C:\Nexon
in the Nexon folder find the Combat Arms folder.

Once you find the Combat Arms folder, right-click it and select properties.
Go to the General tab if not already there. Click the Advanced Button.

Then Checkmark the box that says "Compress contents to save disk space".
Press OK then apply to all folders and files in the folder.

If you have done it correctly then the Combat Arms folder as well as everything in it should now have blue lettering.

Your maps should now load faster.

If I helped you then the least you could do is thank me by clicking the thanks button.

And to Moderator that sees this could you please Sticky this!
Make sure to post in the right section next time. I moved it for you bud.

Good info, ill have to try this.
Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
Make sure to post in the right section next time. I moved it for you bud.

Good info, ill have to try this.
Thanks Obama I am a choob/noob and I was going to ask a mod to move this in an edit, mind stickying this for me?
How fast becuase it takes me like 6 mins to get in a game?
Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
How fast becuase it takes me like 6 mins to get in a game?
well, he said 2 times faster, so maybe it might take you 3 min to load a game? seriosuly, get mroe ram... if it takes you 6 min to get into a game -.-
Hmm....Im compressing it now. This does sound like a good idea though
yea lol im the same as joshcarr

i click start then go get somthin or drink cuz it takes so long. thx ill try this.
Tell me if it works because if it does I will download combat arms.
compressing it makes it SLOWER, if you think about it, you have to extract it every time you play combat arms , it just helps you have more disk space, a sacrifice for performance.
Quote Originally Posted by whobansme?? View Post
compressing it makes it SLOWER, if you think about it, you have to extract it every time you play combat arms , it just helps you have more disk space, a sacrifice for performance.
no compressing it doesn't make it slower and it doesn't extract everytime, windows just makes it smaller somehow, trust me I have been doing this for 6 months, I used to wait a minute to get in now it's like only 20 seconds.
im decompressing...
now i cant see anything cant see nametags radar kills where ur getting shot from etc
I'm not paying for a free game.
I don't see how compressing would help... Go look in a dictionary what compressing means?.
so it works ? or it dont? i dont if i should try this..
do u lag? does it do anything to u ingame besides making u get in faster like makes u lag
Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?