NEI Cheat

Posts 31–42 of 42 · Page 3 of 3
Quote Originally Posted by Skiftcha View Post
omg, do you know java? look what the given error tells you and correct some code to make it work.
No, I don't know java, and I said that in my original post.

It's also don't think it's anything I should need to fix, as the mod works with the client just fine in any other scenario...

It's just the basic Minecraft source, nothing more.

There are some things that it's simply not doing and I'm not sure why.

It's not as simple as just correcting code, things will not work if I "correct the code" for example, if I were to simply create a variable that is never used to replace one that should be constantly used, there will be many bugs.

I may not be a Java or Eclipse programmer, but I am a programmer and I know things aren't that simple, and I know how things are accessed and I know how to fix them.

This has to be a problem with Eclipse, or a problem with the mod compatibility (but that shouldn't be the case since it works otherwise)
Quote Originally Posted by Skiftcha View Post
omg, do you know java? look what the given error tells you and correct some code to make it work.
you are kinda telling him wrong mcp doesnt register sources that are not in src/minecraft
Quote Originally Posted by sjustin1996 View Post
No, I don't know java, and I said that in my original post.

It's also don't think it's anything I should need to fix, as the mod works with the client just fine in any other scenario...
you just need to make classes and variables visible. when you download and put compiled mod into coremods this functions are done by forge for you. but to compile mod sources you should change minecaft source.
Quote Originally Posted by hackroj View Post
you are kinda telling him wrong mcp doesnt register sources that are not in src/minecraft
i tried to use my knowledge of english to help him make correct actions.

that is how i suppose it looks if you dragged codechicken folder into src folder in eclipse.
and it is placed correctly in mcp/src/minecraft
Quote Originally Posted by Skiftcha View Post
you just need to make classes and variables visible. when you download and put compiled mod into coremods this functions are done by forge for you. but to compile mod sources you should change minecaft source.

i tried to use my knowledge of english to help him make correct actions.

that is how i suppose it looks if you dragged codechicken folder into src folder in eclipse.
and it is placed correctly in mcp/src/minecraft
EDIT: Okay, so I think I got it working. Now that I've refreshed (f5) and gotten no errors, I should be able to exit eclipse (with everything saved) and then "recompile.bat" and "reobfuscate.bat"? I don't want to screw this up.

Since it was outputted as class files and directories, I would have to simply replace the modified files inside of the NEI jar in my client files..? It's part of a mod pack, so I can't just make my own.

Now that I've found out how to do the compiling, I'll get to work on the actual modification that I made a while back (The source got lost)

EDIT2: I am currently in creative mode on a random FTB ultimate server, I have added items to myself and placed them around.

The items on the right won't add for some reason, but I'm looking into it.

EDIT3: Sending a PM containing the DL link to people that contributed a lot.
Quote Originally Posted by sjustin1996 View Post
EDIT: Okay, so I think I got it working. Now that I've refreshed (f5) and gotten no errors, I should be able to exit eclipse (with everything saved) and then "recompile.bat" and "reobfuscate.bat"? I don't want to screw this up.

Since it was outputted as class files and directories, I would have to simply replace the modified files inside of the NEI jar in my client files..? It's part of a mod pack, so I can't just make my own.

Now that I've found out how to do the compiling, I'll get to work on the actual modification that I made a while back (The source got lost)

EDIT2: I am currently in creative mode on a random FTB ultimate server, I have added items to myself and placed them around.

The items on the right won't add for some reason, but I'm looking into it.

EDIT3: Sending a PM containing the DL link to people that contributed a lot.
do you use 1.4.7 version? mod author included serverside check for almost all the actions, except of creative mode change). so it is impossible to make all nei functions work.
Quote Originally Posted by Skiftcha View Post
do you use 1.4.7 version? mod author included serverside check for almost all the actions, except of creative mode change). so it is impossible to make all nei functions work.
There are no server side checks, actually. It's still ALL done client side, except Eloraam made the mod use server-sided commands to execute the functions (such as /heal, /time, /toggledownfall, etc.) while in multiplayer mode.

There aren't ANY checks, it's just permission checks on the commands it uses, which can never be avoided unless I want to commit some seriously punishable crimes to get it done.

I found this out after getting into the source quite a bit, and settled on creative mode as a "good enough" point.

On that note...

- Creative Mode confirmed working for both FTB Ultimate and Direwolf20 packs. Should work on any other 1.4.7 pack with NEI as well.
Quote Originally Posted by sjustin1996 View Post
There are no server side checks, actually. It's still ALL done client side, except Eloraam made the mod use server-sided commands to execute the functions (such as /heal, /time, /toggledownfall, etc.) while in multiplayer mode.

There aren't ANY checks, it's just permission checks on the commands it uses, which can never be avoided unless I want to commit some seriously punishable crimes to get it done.

I found this out after getting into the source quite a bit, and settled on creative mode as a "good enough" point.

On that note...

- Creative Mode confirmed working for both FTB Ultimate and Direwolf20 packs. Should work on any other 1.4.7 pack with NEI as well.
lol i already made it like 3 weeks ago :P.
Quote Originally Posted by sjustin1996 View Post
There are no server side checks, actually. It's still ALL done client side, except Eloraam made the mod use server-sided commands to execute the functions (such as /heal, /time, /toggledownfall, etc.) while in multiplayer mode.

There aren't ANY checks, it's just permission checks on the commands it uses, which can never be avoided unless I want to commit some seriously punishable crimes to get it done.

I found this out after getting into the source quite a bit, and settled on creative mode as a "good enough" point.

On that note...

- Creative Mode confirmed working for both FTB Ultimate and Direwolf20 packs. Should work on any other 1.4.7 pack with NEI as well.
oh my god. you may not know, but there are 2 possible ways of nei work.
1) with the serverside nei plugin.
server and client neis are using packets to use functions. serverside mod HAS op check in the NEISPH class (nei server packet handler). it has all the checks for all the packets (items or wheather) but it has not the check or cycleCreative packet. and this is how does the bug works.
i'll show you that serverside check with the following screenshots



2) without serverside nei plugin.
client nei doesn't get nei server packet and works only by commands. and in this case server checks permissions and it can't be avoided.

in all the cases there is no clientside checks. client just show or not show buttons to use some functions, but if you make them visible it won't give you enything.
Quote Originally Posted by Skiftcha View Post
oh my god. you may not know, but there are 2 possible ways of nei work.
1) with the serverside nei plugin.
server and client neis are using packets to use functions. serverside mod HAS op check in the NEISPH class (nei server packet handler). it has all the checks for all the packets (items or wheather) but it has not the check or cycleCreative packet. and this is how does the bug works.
i'll show you that serverside check with the following screenshots



2) without serverside nei plugin.
client nei doesn't get nei server packet and works only by commands. and in this case server checks permissions and it can't be avoided.

in all the cases there is no clientside checks. client just show or not show buttons to use some functions, but if you make them visible it won't give you enything.
There are only permission checks. The function is still sent, but the server rejects it. That's unavoidable unless I want to commit serious crimes against specific servers.

That's all I said.

- But creative mode works, and that's all I can accomplish.
Quote Originally Posted by sjustin1996 View Post
There are only permission checks.
That's all I said.
Quote Originally Posted by sjustin1996 View Post
There aren't ANY checks, it's just permission checks on the commands it uses, which can never be avoided unless I want to commit some seriously punishable crimes to get it done.
but that is true only if server doesn't have nei and creative hack won't work.

with server nei there ARE checks (and i showed them for you with screenshots). it doesn't use any commands and there are not any command PERMISSION. just packets and op CHECK.
Quote Originally Posted by Skiftcha View Post
but that is true only if server doesn't have nei and creative hack won't work.

with server nei there ARE checks (and i showed them for you with screenshots). it doesn't use any commands and there are not any command PERMISSION. just packets and op CHECK.
OP check is a permission check.
If you got this working i would suggest a request close since all this is doing is flaming.
Posts 31–42 of 42 · Page 3 of 3

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us