Random computer lockup / freeze.
Every now and then my computer freezes. It doesn't bluescreen, all it does is freeze.
I can't move my mouse, the lights on my keyboard go out, I can't type. The only way to fix it is to force-reset the computer via the power button.
This has been bugging me more than you could ever realize. In the past week, I have gotten to the 90% mark of 12GB downloads and get a freeze, forcing me to start over about 4 times now.
What I've realized is that on other forums people seem to have the same issue. What I've also noticed is that the specs on all of their computers has 'ASUS' in it. I also have ASUS technology in my pc.
I have run Memtest, Windows memory diagnostics, and downloaded a hot fix from Microsoft. But it all passes with flying colors. So it can't be my RAM.
This problem must be complicated enough to fool experts as-well. I sent it in for warranty twice and they sent it back saying that it was fine. But the minute I got my pc back in the courier, after booting it up it froze after around 10 minutes in.
I know that the MPGH community is very informed in multiple areas of PC's, so I though I would try here.
Has anyone got any idea what I am going through and how to fix it?
Things I know is not a problem
- The temperature is fine. It is well ventilated and I have air-conditioning units active in the room also.
- The graphics card should be fine, It runs games well and the PC freezes more when I am not running games.
My specs
Intel Core 17 - 3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 4 Cores,
8.00GB Ram,
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit (version 6.1.7600) (build 7600),
GeForce GT 610,
Display - 1920 x 1080,
I am literally at the point where I would pay someone to fix my problem. And I won't fuck around either. IF you fix this for me, I will literally be in your debt forever.
I can't move my mouse, the lights on my keyboard go out, I can't type. The only way to fix it is to force-reset the computer via the power button.
This has been bugging me more than you could ever realize. In the past week, I have gotten to the 90% mark of 12GB downloads and get a freeze, forcing me to start over about 4 times now.
What I've realized is that on other forums people seem to have the same issue. What I've also noticed is that the specs on all of their computers has 'ASUS' in it. I also have ASUS technology in my pc.
I have run Memtest, Windows memory diagnostics, and downloaded a hot fix from Microsoft. But it all passes with flying colors. So it can't be my RAM.
This problem must be complicated enough to fool experts as-well. I sent it in for warranty twice and they sent it back saying that it was fine. But the minute I got my pc back in the courier, after booting it up it froze after around 10 minutes in.
I know that the MPGH community is very informed in multiple areas of PC's, so I though I would try here.
Has anyone got any idea what I am going through and how to fix it?
Things I know is not a problem
- The temperature is fine. It is well ventilated and I have air-conditioning units active in the room also.
- The graphics card should be fine, It runs games well and the PC freezes more when I am not running games.
My specs
Intel Core 17 - 3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 4 Cores,
8.00GB Ram,
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit (version 6.1.7600) (build 7600),
GeForce GT 610,
Display - 1920 x 1080,
I am literally at the point where I would pay someone to fix my problem. And I won't fuck around either. IF you fix this for me, I will literally be in your debt forever.



