Old HDD is causing problems?
Hi guys,
I have a 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN164 ATA Device (SATA) HDD and i believe it may be causing me trouble. It came stock with my computer from 2009. It performs alright and runs games okayish. But i feel like perhaps it has gotten too old to compete. I run programs like Autocad etc, which I find lags like crazy. It also makes a loud noise, like its squealing. Would formatting fix my problems? Or is it worth buying a SSD to put my OS/Games/Programs on?
Thankyou
P.S Here is my computer stats.
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz 62 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
12.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B75M-D3H (Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz) 36 °C
Graphics
MTC26T42 (1768x992@30Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Hard Drives
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN164 ATA Device (SATA) 45 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI BD O DH4O1S ATA Device
ATAPI DVD A DH16AASH ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device
I have a 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN164 ATA Device (SATA) HDD and i believe it may be causing me trouble. It came stock with my computer from 2009. It performs alright and runs games okayish. But i feel like perhaps it has gotten too old to compete. I run programs like Autocad etc, which I find lags like crazy. It also makes a loud noise, like its squealing. Would formatting fix my problems? Or is it worth buying a SSD to put my OS/Games/Programs on?
Thankyou

P.S Here is my computer stats.
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz 62 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
12.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B75M-D3H (Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz) 36 °C
Graphics
MTC26T42 (1768x992@30Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Hard Drives
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN164 ATA Device (SATA) 45 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI BD O DH4O1S ATA Device
ATAPI DVD A DH16AASH ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device