Editing posts after a day.

PollEditing Posts
Yes: Allow us to edit posts indefinitely50% · 5
No: Keep it so we can only edit posts within 24 hours of their creation.50% · 5
10 votes · poll closed
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
Editing posts after a day.
I have noticed that you can't edit your post when they're more then a day old. And I would like to get this changed so I can edit my posts no matter how old they are.

BTW: I guess it would be a good idea to post a reason why I think this.
My reason is that often when I make threads I like to update my original posts with the information gained in the thread. And many times we gain information for days or weeks sometimes even indefinitely. This allows the posts to be always up to date. It also makes it so you can go to one posts for all subsequent information added by other members :L
Good idea.
unnecessary
You Could Just Bump It If There's An Update Or Change In Thread...I Agree With SpaceC.
Quote Originally Posted by Tierrize View Post
You Could Just Bump It If There's An Update Or Change In Thread...I Agree With SpaceC.
Sometimes this leads to double posts and it spreads out the information on multiple pages.

Of course it's not necessary, but it is convenient
I think they should not make it so you can edit it whenever, but change the edit timeout to 2 or 3 days.
Why isn't this a good idea?
Double Post is when you post instantly.
Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
Double Post is when you post instantly.
I don't think it's appropriate to argue a technicality like that. "double posting has different definitions on different forums. What I can tell you is that many forums that allow infinite editing do not allow double posting no matter what the time period.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
I don't think it's appropriate to argue a technicality like that. "double posting has different definitions on different forums. What I can tell you is that many forums that allow infinite editing do not allow double posting no matter what the time period.

Exactly, and I concur that posts should be edited, ONLY TXT, no files, etc. as someone could change the files to evilness instead of hax.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
I don't think it's appropriate to argue a technicality like that. "double posting has different definitions on different forums. What I can tell you is that many forums that allow infinite editing do not allow double posting no matter what the time period.

Exactly, and I concur that posts should be edited, ONLY TXT, no files, etc. as someone could change the files to evilness instead of hax.

Just noticed there is a 30 second delay on posting as well, which is a good idea to keep down spam, and should be kept. But. if you multi-task tons of things, including forums, you can really only post in one forum at a time sorta.

YOU ARE NOT YOUR POST COUNT

Ya feel me?
i think its actualy 15

just says 30
Here's just some examples of threads that I think could benefit from the option to edit after 24 hours:

Mod's editing
Liz updates this post so often when WarPath could be perfectly capable to do it himself...

APPLICATION FOR CA CODERS
First post Could be updated with information about who is on the Hackteam

Everything in this forum
MPGH's public hack is outdated, but people are still posting, thinking it works.

In this case the title could be edited

I know I have many posts that are misleading because halfway through the conversation we realize that the original thesis was wrong. This is one of them
Change title
This one has been irritating me for weeks now. I have known for a while now that you can't edit .rez files with a text editor, but I can not edit the title so it is misleading to people just joining the thread.

Keeping Lists Up to date
This is a thread that I want to keep up to date, but I can't because I can't edit posts after 24 hours.

Infinite Polls
These things take forever to fall to the bottom of the forum because people keep voting. With editing the maker of the posts could close the thread.


The Ability to edit posts after 24 hrs has a lot of benefits:
1. Collects all the information in a thread to one spot (in the case of the first post)
2. Allow people to update their posts or make corrections
3. If No one else posts on a thread in 24 hrs and some1 wants to make a correction they can make it without creating a whole new post.
4. Stopping polls
etc.
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us