"Elite" or private rotmg section?

Posts 1–15 of 64 · Page 1 of 5
"Elite" or private rotmg section?
Since mpgh is very well known and public, I propose a private "elite" section where only certain members of the community can read and post there. This works very well in another forum I visit, where you need 300 rep (thanks isn't a thing there) or be a donor, to access it. Why can't we have one of those here?

I only suggest this to keep op or other stuff away from the majority of users, and search engine bots, since nearly everyone knows about mpgh.

Thoughts?

Edit: Also I just want to add that I know for a fact that kabam closed testers actively browse these forums and send info to kabam.
Yea I Agree, this definitly needs to happen.
Any person can just join and leech off everything available in this section, even with 0 posts. its ridiculous.
Funny i proposed this general idea and my thread got deleted for "Recruiting"
Funny enough i agree even knowing that i will probally never be active enough to reach such a place. Because then all the people who does know these op things dont need to come here to say lels i know stuff but u cant haz fck u kinda thing. Then they can keep that shit to themselves.
And who would pick these elite members? To me there doesn't seem to be any fair way
0/10, obvious troll is obvious.
Quote Originally Posted by Knorrex View Post
And who would pick these elite members? To me there doesn't seem to be any fair way
Only 10 rep? You're not getting in...
I bet you can't even code
Better off moving off site to your own forums where you can be in control.
Quote Originally Posted by SwedenDaze View Post
Better off moving off site to your own forums where you can be in control.
This. Much better since even an elite section will be at most semi-private here. To many people that have nothing to do with rotmg will be able to view the sub section if it will work similar to other private sections on these forums.
Bad idea. This evades the point of MPGH in general, as well as the fact that narcissistic elitests would flock there and talk about how good they are versus the normal people who don't give a shit about coding (the vast majority) and came to this site for what it's actually for - distribution of community based projects for the benefit of all. (lol its not like that happens here anyways though.)
I use to Mod at a Wii hacking forum back in the day and we had a VIP section where only paid/trusted members could get in.
We had people just paying for the VIP tittle and getting the codes and posting them on another forum.
What makes you think this will end any different?
There are other "member level" sections which can be accessed from contributing to mpgh in various ways although they mostly consist of free porn stuffs I would imagine that you could start a new thread some where fitting with permission to do so and release things on that thread...might be a tad awkwardo though..
However when you speak of an elite RotMG section I don't actually think that many of the erm how o put it, skilled, talented or dedicated members here have access to those sections, which would make that member level idea a bit out of reach for now..
On another note, if your toughts are to make this to keep it out of Kablams hands I doubt making the files available only to those who pay would stop them, I think they could spare 20dollas
But this is a reasonable and fairly practical idea just needs some more thought put into it
This will not work. MPGH is built around the idea of Leechers. It is quite obvious that the whole setup around here favors them by design. That is just the way it is. Honestly the private subforum already exists its called skype...
+1
Old school Wildshadow approval!
Posts 1–15 of 64 · Page 1 of 5

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?