VisualBasic/C# GUI frontends

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
VisualBasic/C# GUI frontends
Hey I have another question =D. Could People outline how to use C# and/or Visual Basic, as GUI front ends for C++ code.

What i mean by that is essentially, what are the ways i can develop a GUI in visual basic, yet have all the innards and essential code, written in C++.

In fact, is it even worth it to do that versus just writing a native C++ GUI?

Thanks for your helps =D. I hope to get some helpful and informative answers.
(Hehehe, of course i will be looking also, so we will see who tells me first.
As a starter, writing a c++ dll is one method i thought of.).
I believe you could write a DLL in C++ to handle all the inputs and outputs, and then load that DLL from your C# or VB app since its all 0's and 1's in the end

no idea on how to do it though, im not familiar with VB and C#
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
I believe you could write a DLL in C++ to handle all the inputs and outputs, and then load that DLL from your C# or VB app since its all 0's and 1's in the end

no idea on how to do it though, im not familiar with VB and C#
Haha ok. I also want to know if there are any other methods, and how to do the method of which you speak in depth.

(Yay 250 Posts!)
Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAbbo View Post
Just write it in c++
Well yeah i've written a small gui in C++ before, but i was just curious of the other ways to do things. I won't necessarily use the other methods, i just want to know, and maybe even play with a little bit.
flipcode - Interfacing Visual Basic And C++

I know nothing of this ....
But google knows all!




Oh and gratz on 250! IF I didn't spam so much we would be the same, but just because I have something to say doesn't mean its important :P
See attached (C# WinForms 3.5 app + CPP Dll - VS2008 project)

Basically make a Normal C++ DLL, but be sure to turn off name mangling by defining everything you export as ' extern "C" '

Then use use the dllimport tag to define what methods you'll be calling in your c# app like so
Code:
[DllImport("CPPDll.dll")]
public static extern int GetNumber();
I can do an MFC or win32 or ms-dos C++ front end too if you want for comparison sake

But basically - if you know how to call a 3rd party DLL from your language of choice you're set.

p.s. If you make a 'COM DLL' instead it becomes easier to call the C++ DLL from .NET
DLLTest.rarattachment deleted · 1 downloads before removal
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us