I've noticed lately that if I turn off my UPS the computer has no power at all and turns off.
Is this totally normal or I have something wrong with my computer ?
I doubt that's normal m8. I used to disable UPS and nothing happened to my PC. Well, nothing should happen.
Originally Posted by Hero
I doubt that's normal m8. I used to disable UPS and nothing happened to my PC. Well, nothing should happen.
I might be retarded , but I ain't seeing my power supply as well.
Can it be that my pc is using the UPS as a power supply ?
Originally Posted by Takari
I might be retarded , but I ain't seeing my power supply as well.
Can it be that my pc is using the UPS as a power supply ?
Well that seems impossible as there is a difference between the current of UPS and a power supply
What kind of computer, desktop or laptop? If you unplug power cord of the UPS, does the same thing happen?
Originally Posted by dtm4
What kind of computer, desktop or laptop? If you unplug power cord of the UPS, does the same thing happen?
Desktop computer.
Yes the same thing happens.
There are 2 two cables. One from the plug to the UPS. One from the UPS to the computer which is the ONLY power cable that the computer has.
There are no other cables that are connected to the computer that can send enough power.
The only other cables that are also plugged to electricity are the monitor cable , modem and router .
The batteries might be dead. Which UPS are you using?
Originally Posted by dtm4
The batteries might be dead. Which UPS are you using?
I'm encountering another problem at the moment.
The monitor isn't turning on , but the PC is working. I've tried the monitor with a different computer and it works fine.
I'm with dtm4 on this, check the batteries of the ups, most likely there is at least 1 dead battery in the ups ...
Probably you battery's gone. If there is not enough power it could influence the electric charge
you have to check also the power limit of the ups, the max watt, i got the same issue when i had the second gpu to make a crossfire, the power was too much for the ups, and it went offline.
If you didn't made any changes perhaps the problem is the battery pack, you can disassemble the ups and see if you can find some battery replacement