ExclamationHelpChams problem

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Chams problem
I don't know why my Chams can't see through wall.That mean when my teammates or my enemy is in front of me,I can see him (with Chams).Then,when my teammates or my enemy is behind the wall or very far away from me I can't see them.(I got on my Chams)All Chams(include phantom Chams and ghost Chams) and wireframe also cannot see through wall.Any solution?Thanks,sorry for my bad english,english is not my primary language.
Creating an overlay on textures doesn't make walls transparent
Thanks for reply.
To Biesi : What do you mean "Creating an overlay on textures doesn't make walls transparent"?
To Void : This is my Chams code :
if((m_Stride == 52))
{
pDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ZENABLE, false);
pDevice->SetTexture(0, texRed);
pDrawIndexedPrimitive(pDevice,pType D3DparamvalX,nMinIndex,nNumVertices,nStartIndex,nP rimitiveCount);
pDevice->SetTexture(0, texRed);
pDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ZENABLE, true);
}
You need to disable the Z buffer for whatever you want to be able to see through walls.

Can you post your code so far?
So if I understand you're saying it's sort of working? Do the characters show up to be red when they aren't behind a wall?
Do you mind posting all of your code?
Quote Originally Posted by Xiao@ View Post
pDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ZENABLE, true);
Why do you enable it right after disabling
Quote Originally Posted by Biesi View Post


Why do you enable it right after disabling
Because he wants the characters to be different color when they aren't behind a wall. Well, that would be the case if he didn't use the same texture in both those instances.
Which game is this? In some games models are not always drawn behind walls for performance reasons. Anti occlusion can be server side or client side, if its client side then you can hack it, you need to hook CreateQuery for that (vtable index 118). You can google "anti-occlusion v2" for code example.
This is Mission Against Terror 2 CiB.Maybe MAT2 cannot.Thanks for all your reply.I will try anti-occlusion v2.
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?