[Help]VC++

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
[Help]VC++
Uhh, probably the stupid question ever but. I don't normaly use VC++ so when I actualy did use it yesterday I got an error when sending my programs to people. Normaly I would use Dev C++ and when I send people my programs it works fine but with VC++ if I give it to someone they get an error saying this application doesn't work try reinstalling. I did a bit of googling and it told me I have to make a "makefile" project. No idea what that means.

So my question is... how do I make a program in VC++ that I can send to people?
Just guessing here, but you probably sent them a debug build and they don't have the debug versions of the system DLLs on their system. Be sure that you set your project output to Release before trying to give people your code.
Also if you find any other DLLs in your release folder with your exe, include those as well.
I Doubt you want to go through the hassle of making an install project.

And as far as the makefile project that's nonsense
If you want to create a makefile which should make the exe function on most all win-based OS', it's fortunately not too hard. During creation remember you have to place it in the same folder as your source libraries.

Make a file called, say, hackx.make

Then define the libraries and sources used by your hack. Remember the g++ command is important to create executable. Just replace hack and hackx with whatever filename you use, I just wrote these as an example.

Everything you define after g++ is included as a source for your file

And you don't necessarily need so many sources, just include everything your project has
------

hackx.out : openfile.o mylib.o
g++ -o hackx.out openfile.o mylib.o

openfile.o: hack.cpp openfile.h mylib.h
g++ -c hack.cpp

hackSource.o: source1.cpp source2.h
g++ -c hackSource.cpp

if openfile or source libraries changed, only hack.cpp will be compiled
Finish & save as hackx.make
-----

Go to terminal and write

$ make -f hackx.make (also if you change source files involved in building exe, you have to run this command again) to make hackx.o

Then run with
$ ./hackx.out

--

If you need help send PM I'll explain more
Thanks so much guys.
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us