QuestionShould I get a MacBook?

Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2
Should I get a MacBook?
Sup guys
Well, atm I've got an Alienware 17 and I'm quite happy with it, but as I noticed I dont really play much games anymore and I often need to take my notebook to school or stuff, and it's just kinda heavy and not built for using it as a travel notebook.
In my free time I often do image - and videoediting, browse internet and download porn

So do you think a MacBook would be better for me?
I've Got A Macbook Air Early 2014 11" supplied to me by my school. Its pretty good if you just want to do work and non- gaming stuff and pretty light too. It takes time getting use tho. I would recommend it if your just browsing, working and taking in to school
Quote Originally Posted by BlckAce View Post
I've Got A Macbook Air Early 2014 11" supplied to me by my school. Its pretty good if you just want to do work and non- gaming stuff and pretty light too. It takes time getting use tho. I would recommend it if your just browsing, working and taking in to school
Thanks for your reply. Do you also use programs like Photoshop, After Effects or Cinema 4d on it? If yes, do they run smooth or not?
Quote Originally Posted by Drugticker View Post
Thanks for your reply. Do you also use programs like Photoshop, After Effects or Cinema 4d on it? If yes, do they run smooth or not?
I have used The Newest Version of Photoshop for me it runs perfect no lag at all its smooth but i don't know about early Macbook's
Okay
but I guess because of the onboard graphics the video editing will get a bit laggy.. I think ill look at the macbook pro 15" with dedicated graphics card
Quote Originally Posted by Drugticker View Post
Okay
but I guess because of the onboard graphics the video editing will get a bit laggy.. I think ill look at the macbook pro 15" with dedicated graphics card
MacBook is great for things like video editing, photoshop etc., but it sucks for games, so if you'll only do work stuff on it, it would be great.
Alienware is bad in my opinion.
Quote Originally Posted by Bodvar View Post
Alienware is bad in my opinion.
Well as I could experience by myself, it is a really nice and good running system.. Also the rumor that it is as loud as a normal PC, which is told very often, isnt right.. Its just okay. And better a little bit louder than too hot components which break after 1 year...
Its just a bit bulky and heavy, but a really nice system.
Yes, I know Mac's are better for working, thats just the opinion why I want to change
Quote Originally Posted by Drugticker View Post
Well as I could experience by myself, it is a really nice and good running system.. Also the rumor that it is as loud as a normal PC, which is told very often, isnt right.. Its just okay. And better a little bit louder than too hot components which break after 1 year...
Its just a bit bulky and heavy, but a really nice system.
Yes, I know Mac's are better for working, thats just the opinion why I want to change
Alienware is good, but not for the price. It's the iPhone of the laptops. It's overpriced but decent.
No, it wouldn't be a good idea. Apple in general is just horrible. The Dell XPS 15 has literally the same specs as a Macbook Pro 15 retina, but has a 5K screen, instead of the QHD+ on the retina, and it's nearly $700 less.

If you want an Apple laptop because of Mac OS X, just dual boot OS X on the Windows laptop.
Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota Dabs View Post
No, it wouldn't be a good idea. Apple in general is just horrible. The Dell XPS 15 has literally the same specs as a Macbook Pro 15 retina, but has a 5K screen, instead of the QHD+ on the retina, and it's nearly $700 less.

If you want an Apple laptop because of Mac OS X, just dual boot OS X on the Windows laptop.
A windows ultrabook will have a better price/perfs ratio, but you won't be able to boot OS X unless components are compatible
Quote Originally Posted by Moona View Post
A windows ultrabook will have a better price/perfs ratio, but you won't be able to boot OS X unless components are compatible
If the ultrabooks have integrated graphics, you won't be able to dual boot, unfortunately.
Just get a mac book pro
Quote Originally Posted by Bodvar View Post
It's the iPhone of the laptops. It's overpriced but decent.
Yes, may be..

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota Dabs View Post
If you want an Apple laptop because of Mac OS X, just dual boot OS X on the Windows laptop.
I think Hackintosh is only compatible with a few laptops which have the right hardware, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Just get a mac book pro
Yea I guess I'll just buy it and keep the Alienware too for work I do at home... but then I'll have to wait like 5 months to get enough money. Hate being a student ._.
Quote Originally Posted by Drugticker View Post
Yea I guess I'll just buy it and keep the Alienware too for work I do at home... but then I'll have to wait like 5 months to get enough money. Hate being a student ._.
Good choice.
Quote Originally Posted by Drugticker View Post
Yes, may be..


I think Hackintosh is only compatible with a few laptops which have the right hardware, right?


Yea I guess I'll just buy it and keep the Alienware too for work I do at home... but then I'll have to wait like 5 months to get enough money. Hate being a student ._.
The laptop I suggested is $700 less, and compatible with OS X.
Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?