ExclamationPatchedOpenVHook - Open Source Script Hook for GTA5!

Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
OpenVHook - Open Source Script Hook for GTA5!
OpenVHook
OpenVHook is a standalone script hook for Grand Theft Auto V.

Features

  • Custom *.asi loader which is compatible with existing GTA:V mods
  • Ability to create standalone mods/scripts
  • Lots of other stuff I can't think of right now



How to
Running OpenVHook

  • Create a folder called "asi" inside your GTA:V game directory
  • Put your mods inside there
  • Inject OpenVHook.dll with the injector of your choosing




Using it for mods

  • Pretty much the same as with ScriptHookV
  • Link against "OpenVHook\SDK\lib\OpenVHook.lib"
  • Use includes from "OpenVHook\SDK\inc\" ( Files are from ScriptHookV SDK )


Build from 03.06.2015

Credits


NTAuthority/citizenMP:
Most of the code is from them.
Alexander Blade: For the ScriptHookV SDK files which can also be used with OpenVHook.
JackD111 for making this.

Virus Scans
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanre...ff27c23ab2c718
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b...is/1433524679/

Source Virus Scans
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanre...20d433eedff69c
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b...is/1433524960/
OpenVHook_mpgh.net.rar172 KB · 385 downloads Clean
OpenVHook-master_mpgh.net.zip326 KB · 253 downloads Clean
Content approved.
Nice release ! Took a quick look and I'm still not sure what class I should use to make it that CTRL+R reloads ASI plugins (Like in ScriptHook when you create the ScriptHookV.dev file)
Quote Originally Posted by davidp027 View Post
Nice release ! Took a quick look and I'm still not sure what class I should use to make it that CTRL+R reloads ASI plugins (Like in ScriptHook when you create the ScriptHookV.dev file)
Browsed the code for 30 seconds because always thought it was a pointless lesser scripthook (being you had to manually inject for the same outcome as scripthook). Pay attention to
Code:
	ScriptEngine::CreateThread( &g_ScriptManagerThread );

	ASILoader::Initialize();

	GetLog()->Print( "Initialization finished" );

	return 1;
}
in OpenVHook.cpp. You can use the ASILOADER class found there to do your reload.
Quote Originally Posted by Khyy View Post


Browsed the code for 30 seconds because always thought it was a pointless lesser scripthook (being you had to manually inject for the same outcome as scripthook). Pay attention to
Code:
	ScriptEngine::CreateThread( &g_ScriptManagerThread );

	ASILoader::Initialize();

	GetLog()->Print( "Initialization finished" );

	return 1;
}
in OpenVHook.cpp. You can use the ASILOADER class found there to do your reload.
Thanks for the help! Also if you have the dinput8.dll from ScriptHook and you name the OpenVHook dll to ScriptHookV.dll it'll inject automatically
Quote Originally Posted by davidp027 View Post
Thanks for the help! Also if you have the dinput8.dll from ScriptHook and you name the OpenVHook dll to ScriptHookV.dll it'll inject automatically
Nice find actually. To make it even easier you could IDA the dinput and find the string for the name it searches then remove the Scripthook and place it as OpenVHook.
does this one stop you from flickering online?
yea do it stops flickering?
Wooow
You didn't even give credits to JackD for making this.
Quote Originally Posted by Wingm4nx13 View Post
Wooow
You didn't even give credits to JackD for making this.
Adding them now, good spot. I think he simply copied and pasted it from the source.

Sidenote, disregard me calling this lesser gents. This is by far the cleanest hook out there. I had been working with Gir's sobeit mod but it's so god damn messy.. sometimes I wonder how it works. This one is real nice.
seems to be good but doesn't want to work with Vector3 pointers.... any ideas ?
Quote Originally Posted by imod1998 View Post
seems to be good but doesn't want to work with Vector3 pointers.... any ideas ?
I'm having this same issue. Calling WEAPON::GET_PED_LAST_WEAPON_IMPACT_COORD gives Vector3, or even a float array, the same extremely large negative number for all 3 coordinates. I opened an issue about this (JackD111/OpenVHook#1). Hopefully this gets fixed, because I will probably switch to this if it does.
Comparing this to all others this really is kept clean.
Nice and easy to hook into.
It crashed the game online so whats the point of this need by-pass or no good to me.
Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us