SolvedA quick question.

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
A quick question.
Hello, so a few hours ago my friend was invited to a altpug match by randoms, he accepted them and was called on Skype, once they called him they spoke to him for a bit but just hung up after a short period of time, then just like that they had a RAT on his system although he had never downloaded anything, then they rebooted his PC, he turned it back on and all his items had vanished, but only expensive ones such as his butterfly knife, he has checked his market history and they were not sold (after writing this we check his trade history which had the proof they traded his stuff away), anyway, for the question.

A) How did they infect him? he never ran anything they told him to, never even went on any sites as he didn't trust them.

As I was writing this we uncovered all the other questions i had, like how they got his stuff off of his account.

So if anyone could help me out with that one that'd be great
Thanks in advance.
A keylogger could have been on his computer for a long time, this has nothing to do with csgo, just your friend not being responsible with his computer.
Quote Originally Posted by Predator's Panda View Post
A keylogger could have been on his computer for a long time, this has nothing to do with csgo, just your friend not being responsible with his computer.
I don't know if there was a keylogger on his system prior to this, so you could be right, but i'm almost certain it was a RAT or something along those lines seeing as how they asked him to click a link he didn't do it because said it was suspicious and then he loses control of his PC and they go onto that website for him.
I'm not going to post the link but it was a very close variation of altpug, which is an official partner of CEVO.
Unless this keylogger can take over pc control I doubt it's a keylogger.

edit, sorry if that last line sounded like I was trying to be a smartass, I poorly worded that.
Quote Originally Posted by soipelez View Post
I don't know if there was a keylogger on his system prior to this, so you could be right, but i'm almost certain it was a RAT or something along those lines seeing as how they asked him to click a link he didn't do it because said it was suspicious and then he loses control of his PC and they go onto that website for him.
I'm not going to post the link but it was a very close variation of altpug, which is an official partner of CEVO.
Unless this keylogger can take over pc control I doubt it's a keylogger.

edit, sorry if that last line sounded like I was trying to be a smartass, I poorly worded that.
This sounds like a RAT and they most possibly cloned the altpug website,
It is very easy to do with tools such as HTTrack.
yeah we figured as much, we got his stuff back so it doesn't matter.
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us