Hey.

Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
Hey.
Some of you might know me, some of you may not.
I've been in the graphics and general section most of my time here, never really touched on the programming section.

I've decided to put graphics aside, and start programming.
Yet, it'll be a mix. Decent programs with good design.

-Anyway.
I have seen many C++ tutorials on MPGH, but not the very basics. How to make calculators. Shit like that.

So I made this thread to say hi to all.
I'll be in here for a while, studying C++.
I'll be mainly learning C++ on youtube and on C++ speciality forums. But it would be nice for somebody to give me maybe a lesson or two.

-[virus]
I recommend a good book. Check out the C++ tutorials for better references if you haven't already.
Welcome .___.
Uhh, I don't know about anyone else but I prefer learning from reading not watching. I mean, won't it get annoying having to rewind if you miss something? Anyways, if you have any questions you can add me on MSN

davidm_44@hotmail.com

I'm not a pro at C++ yet so don't expect me to be able to answer ALL of your questions but I can surely help you.
I suggest you check out the threads formerly posted by BxR and That0n3Guy.
They give a good intro to C++, and if you're past that part, it's a good idea to read a book. Pretty much what everyone else is reading, C++ Primer Plus(5th edition)

C++ basics by BxR.

C++ basics by That0n3Guy.

@ David, don't you have school? o_O.
Hello, and welcome to our lil' corner of MPGH!

I'd hate to tell you, but design won't play that big of a role until you get into Windows programming where you learn how to develop forms and such. Anyway enjoy your stay. If you need any help or explanations about anything don't be afraid to ask. I'm busy doing my own stuff, but I don't mind helping out as well as long as I don't have to write your code for you.
Thanks alot guys. You'll probaly be hearing alot of errors from me .
@crushed - thanks for the links.
Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Thanks alot guys. You'll probaly be hearing alot of errors from me .
@crushed - thanks for the links.
That's fine, as long as you're learning. I started as well, but it's better to learn and ask questions. Rather than spam the forums like how some people have. *cough* luongoo*swineflue&dies*

Keep at it!
Quote Originally Posted by crushed View Post
That's fine, as long as you're learning. I started as well, but it's better to learn and ask questions. Rather than spam the forums like how some people have. *cough* longpoo*swineflue&dies*

Keep at it!
Fixed

As for thread owner, feel free to add tehkiller@live.nl on msn/hotmail if you need any help regarding coding.
Thanks mate, will do.
Currently watching a series of C++ tutorials.
Have fun here, you're gonna need lots of time
Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun333 View Post
Have fun here, you're gonna need lots of time
I find trying to fix errors is fun; time consuming and a very good way to learn.
i could give u tutorials of my book(36)chapters.
^ @ Matrix. You never offered me tutorials. ):

LOL, no I'm just playing. Ironic isn't it? I'm starting to learn Graphics, whilst your wanting to learn Coding. Add me on MSN if you want, I'll need tips on GFX =P, but my noobness can help you with basics a bit if needed. lawly(dot)jay@live.com
Quote Originally Posted by crushed View Post
^ @ Matrix. You never offered me tutorials. ):

LOL, no I'm just playing. Ironic isn't it? I'm starting to learn Graphics, whilst your wanting to learn Coding. Add me on MSN if you want, I'll need tips on GFX =P, but my noobness can help you with basics a bit if needed. lawly(dot)jay@live.com
You..help?

i meant public tutorial i didnt say private tutoring.
first i need to get permission to make my own thread.
Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us