Thread: Solve this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Those are kind words. Thank you..

I am still trying to figure out part 2..

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post

Now the second and most important part, They befriended him and he took them to a restaurant and bought them what they wanted and told them that he was heading to NY For his daughters marriage. That night when time and reece were returning home they saw a man with a flashlight waving farewell to everyone from the top of a construction site and then the man jumped down. Immediately time and reece rushed to the scene and the police got there too. Time believed he could solve this case , So reece stayed with him. The police investigated the construction workers , Worker 1 : I am really sure the site manager did this, he was having fights with him constantly as the old man reported his absence in every scenario to the owner. Worker 2 : Please let us go we don't have anything to do with this, Construction Manager : I don't know why he would have done that i really feel sorry for him. Worker 1 looked a bit frightened and The construction managar/site manager's eyes were blinking very badly . Time went to the top and examined the place he found a rope. Then after further investigations when Time asked the workers what happened they said , Worker 1 : Me and worker 2 were at the shop and we saw the old man wave the flashlight then jump. Site manager: I saw the old man rotate his flashlight in circles and then jump down. Now time was astonished and he immediately arrested the site manager. Okay so the clues you have here is A rope hanging on the top of the construction site, The weird blinking of the construction manager [ "He used to wear spectacles but he switched to contact lenses a few days ago says" worker 2. And the mysterious reason why he arrested the construction manager..
    Okay..
    I suspect that the reason the construction manager was blinking so badly was because the man was waving the flashlight in his eyes.
    And that the rope was there for the manager to hold on to, as he pushed the other man over the side..
    Flashing lights in the eyes of someone causes many vision problem which is likely why his eyes were bothering him shortly after.

Is this correct?
    Feels a bit dirty

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciette View Post
    Those are kind words. Thank you..

I am still trying to figure out part 2..

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

Okay..
    I suspect that the reason the construction manager was blinking so badly was because the man was waving the flashlight in his eyes.
    And that the rope was there for the manager to hold on to, as he pushed the other man over the side..
    Flashing lights in the eyes of someone causes many vision problem which is likely why his eyes were bothering him shortly after.

Is this correct?
    Close but not right, Explain how he committed the crime. And what was the purpose of the rope. And do you mean the guy that was about die was waving his flashlight on the site manager? Cos if thats the case when time saw the man waving his flashlight before jumping there was only one person at the top and that is the person who jumped.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Okay..

Will think later..

Thank you.
    Feels a bit dirty

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Anytime .

Thanks
    Make up a rape one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Drtro View Post
    Make up a rape one.
    Maybe, after someone solves this one .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I appologize for the delay, I was making Easter breakfast for my family, now for the riddle. @Time I have to commend you on this one as it was quite difficult.

The first part,

The cash was in the umbrella. Duh.

Now for the second part, this took some thinking.

Since the old man was complaining about the construction manager to the owner, the construction manager set up a meeting with the old man. The construction managers glasses were lost in the scuffle with the old man so he had to switch to contacts later, which would explain the blinking since he was not used to them. The old man waving the flashlight may have been caused by being pushed or tripping over a rope. No worker stated that there was a second flashlight, so the contstruction manager may have been lurking in the dark, waiting for the old man's flashlight to give his position away to possibly jump him or push him over the edge. Now, the fact that Time and Reese saw the man waving goodbye could have been interpreted as the old man waving his flashlight as he was falling, the construction manager giving the detail that the flashlight was being waved in circles givies the extra detail that the construction manager was in close procimity to the old man, so he was able to distinguish the cirlces instead of a back and forth waving motion. The rope being found over the edge was caused by the old man tripping on it and falling off the edge, taking some of the rope with him. The construction manager had the most motive of all, that he was being complained upon to the site owner.
    EDIT: The site manager most likely used the old man's money to switch to contacts.
    Last edited by .REZ; 04-08-2012 at 10:19 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to .REZ For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Time (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by .REZ View Post
    I appologize for the delay, I was making Easter breakfast for my family, now for the riddle. @Time I have to commend you on this one as it was quite difficult.

The first part,

The cash was in the umbrella. Duh.

Now for the second part, this took some thinking.

Since the old man was complaining about the construction manager to the owner, the construction manager set up a meeting with the old man. The construction managers glasses were lost in the scuffle with the old man so he had to switch to contacts later, which would explain the blinking since he was not used to them. The old man waving the flashlight may have been caused by being pushed or tripping over a rope. No worker stated that there was a second flashlight, so the contstruction manager may have been lurking in the dark, waiting for the old man's flashlight to give his position away to possibly jump him or push him over the edge. Now, the fact that Time and Reese saw the man waving goodbye could have been interpreted as the old man waving his flashlight as he was falling, the construction manager giving the detail that the flashlight was being waved in circles givies the extra detail that the construction manager was in close procimity to the old man, so he was able to distinguish the cirlces instead of a back and forth waving motion. The rope being found over the edge was caused by the old man tripping on it and falling off the edge, taking some of the rope with him. The construction manager had the most motive of all, that he was being complained upon to the site owner.
    EDIT: The site manager most likely used the old man's money to switch to contacts.
    Woah! Bravo! your reasoning is quite perfect but theres another answer to it too, Not important as this one is very close to that. You win can anyone guess the alternative answer?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post

Woah! Bravo! your reasoning is quite perfect but theres another answer to it too, Not important as this one is very close to that. You win can anyone guess the alternative answer?
    I love this kind of stuff, I live for the challange

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

I love this kind of stuff, I live for the challange
    Why you so smart , I fucking hate word problems its my weakness in math .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreal? View Post

Why you so smart , I fucking hate word problems its my weakness in math .
    I'm a pretty intelligent 16 year old and I pick up things very fast.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    First I thought that by "come here quickly"-he also named the location, so my solution would be that he called the womans number, and the husband picked it up- the husband forgot to put it in her pocket after he killed her...but I'm over-complicating things...
    but yeah that was a fail-win on the detectives part

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyongytyuk View Post
    First I thought that by "come here quickly"-he also named the location, so my solution would be that he called the womans number, and the husband picked it up- the husband forgot to put it in her pocket after he killed her...but I'm over-complicating things...
    but yeah that was a fail-win on the detectives part
    I was lost >.<

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreal? View Post

I was lost >.<
    Easy mysteries are easy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine