Yes, I realize it's been posted before. But I figure that in this thread I'll cover some of the things other ones have not.

Now, onto the actual thread. I for one don't actually have a position on this topic due to not being able to decide. Only because of what I THINK, would happen to the weed growers all across the nation. Firstly, one of the biggest reasons weed can be overpriced is due to the demand of it, and because if people want to smoke for recreational purposes, they usually have to buy it illegally. Meaning, the dealers can overprice it, and the demand is high. If marijuana is legalized, demand goes down, and the growers can no longer make much profit off their product. Leading to less people growing, and less circulation of the drug. Mostly because having huge farms costs a fuckton, and most of the people growing would have to get real jobs.

Now don't get me wrong, I totally support marijuana as I have to smoke it medically myself, but I can't make up my mind on if I'd want it actually legalized for everyone. Leading to an overall less productive society, as well as more amateurs trying to sell their shitty weed they grow out of the back of their house, and selling it for much, much less. Also taking away business from the people growing the good shit, but obviously selling it at a higher price. Now, I don't know if any of this would actually happen if marijuana was legalized it's just what I think would happen.

This is not a thread so much for whether your for or against legalizing it, but what you think would happen to the market after it being legalized.

/discuss