Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Glitches & Exploits for DayZ Standalone

There are quite a few funny glitches and exploits.
    I'm about to tell you a few, because apparently it's expected of me, you are all hilarious.

Walking inside of walls or any other inaccessible area:
    There are a few ways, I will tell you a couple.

First method is to run or rather, "jog", towards any door, fence, building or whatever else you'd like to have access to or inside of.
    Keep holding W down until the end, walk or whatever else, jog or run towards a fence, door, house, press escape and log out, log back in to any server and you'll be moved approximately 5 - 10m in the direction you were running.

Second method
    The second method is a little bit more finicky to get working, it usually requires good timing.

You can get through almost anything, especially walls and doors using this.
    Run towards what you want to get through, and just before you hit whatever it is, jump.
    It should now have moved you about 5m or around that area to make up for the jump, as if you were still running.

Third method
    It's a very blunt version of the above, just keep running towards what you want to get through, you'll eventually get through.
    It works about 40% of the time, if you're lucky or you have a weird connection, you'll have more along the lines of 75%.

Broken limbs got you down?
    Don't have a splint or don't feel like wasting it?
    Just stand up and don't move, log out, log back in. You now have a pair of fresh legs.

Inventory dupe
    Word of advice, server jumping and logging in and out excessively might get your character wiped.
    But it's solvable by going back to the last server you played on when you had stuff and stay there for a while, then log out and NOT switch servers.

We've all probably heard of this one quite a few times now.
    While you're logging in, wait for the screen to say "Ready!" down in the left hand side corner of the screen, count to one and the press exit a couple of times. Not too many, you'll get transferred back to the main menu otherwise and you'll lose the time you need to get back in for your extra log in.
    Log back in to the same server you just did it to, it's a wise idea to have it as a favorite to locate it faster, but other than that, you're done.

If it doesn't work, you've done it wrong, keep trying, it's complicated.

Backpack dupe
    You need a vehicle (Yes I'm aware that they aren't fully in yet) or other sorts of containers where you could transfer your backpack.
    Pull it out and keep holding it over the slots as if you were moving it, don't drop it.
    Disconnect, pulling the cable is probably the easiest way of doing it, I'm unaware if pressing log out works.

Ammo dupe
    Hint: Spray.

I have no trouble carrying over 1200 bullets for my M4.

I have a few more, but I can't remember them from the top of my head.

Good luck, enjoy.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

Igneels (10-31-2014),klensson (09-20-2014),Lincento533 (08-15-2014),Mizzle420420 (10-14-2014),Mr.Paws (11-05-2014),paulowall (03-04-2014),StunnahJD (02-05-2014),ttbleck (02-16-2014),Fujiyama (02-04-2014),xCyberxx (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Lol, thanks, also love the broken legs one

Thanks
    Unlimited Primaries:
    You can carry more than two primary weapons.
    That means, a shitload of M4's and Mosins, if you have the patience.

You should be able to pick up more than 2 primary weapons.
    Doing the same exploit by picking up two of them, then logging out and then back in, you should now have both in your inventory and it should have freed up your hands, thusly making it possible to pick even more up.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

Mizzle420420 (10-14-2014),yoran367 (03-08-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Thanks Antipathy! Why don't you sticky this? =3
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwrath505 View Post

"zomg ples m4ke free hacks, im too lazy t0 get source code and update offsets." - MPGH 2015

Thanks
    I'm waiting for it to catch on first, if it does it's worthy of a sticky.
    I need to see there's interest, I don't want to go nominate myself all the time.
    I too contribute.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

xCyberxx (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Unconfirmed exploit - Unlimited Primaries:
    You can carry more than two primary weapons.
    That means, a shitload of M4's and Mosins, if you have the patience.

I have yet to confirm this, but you should be able to pick up more than 2 primary weapons.
    Doing the same exploit by picking up two of them, then logging out and then back in, you should now have both in your inventory and it should have freed up your hands, thusly making it possible to pick even more up.

If someone's bored, please confirm.
    I can confirm that.
    You have M4 and want to pick up mosin. Grab it "to hands" only. Relog, and your M4 and mosin is in your inventory. Then you can pick up another weapon to hands. Relog... rinse repeat...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to moor2 For This Useful Post:

Gray (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Nice compilation Antipathy, all posts in reply should be relevant to the main topic or they will be deleted.

Stuck.
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Nice job @Antipathy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StunnahJD For This Useful Post:

Gray (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Feel free to share any other exploits if you have any, confirmed and working.

Thanks
    Hardly a contribution.
    All you did was post a bunch of exploits/glitches already posted by other members.
    You should give credit to the finders of these exploits/glitches.
    Error 404 Signature Not Found

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terror In Paradise For This Useful Post:

Confin3d (02-06-2014),Shadows32 (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    So pony up some names then, show how good you are and how well you contribute.
    I'm not going to do a spreadsheet and go around all over the web looking for original finder of certain exploits.
    Besides, it doesn't matter who came up with something first, because you sure are not the first person to do anything you've done in your life, someone has done it before you.

Before you write anything else.
    The only thing I've actually seen on here or even mentioned anywhere is the inventory dupe and the first teleport one.
    The other ones have been shared through either friends on finding them out myself, such as the unlimited primary.

If you got any issues, keep them out of my threads and do what you should do, VM or PM me, instead of acting like an overgrown child.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

MattRobbSan (02-11-2014),Symmetrical (02-06-2014),TheFlyingDutchman' (02-19-2014),xCyberxx (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTerroriser1 View Post
    Hardly a contribution.
    All you did was post a bunch of exploits/glitches already posted by other members.
    You should give credit to the finders of these exploits/glitches.
    This was the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life. First, he was trying to do something you ignorant cocks have been bitching for him to do. He simply wanted to share glitches and exploits that he thought would be nice for people who didn't know to try to use. Tell me, if you really want to judge him for not having the names of the people who ACTUALLY found the glitches, go ahead and do it like @Antipathy said. Take credit for it.

Also, Look at @Schuba's Thread. He shared a glitch too, that is also one of the glitches shown above. Do you see a name? Do you see credit? I don't. Where is his flame? Where is his hate? This little flamewar you are trying to start is not trying to give credit where credit is due, so please do not try to say it is.

You fail to really grasp what a Minion HAS to do. A Minion does not have to contribute. although it would be a small plus, I know alot of minions who do not Contribute. Just because you don't want him to be minion simply because you dislike change, and you bitch at a staff member for it is not only stupid, but redundant to boot. Grow up and stop being a baby, because life is gonna be a cold son of a bitch to you if you refuse to.
    there's nothing left for you here.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anti For This Useful Post:

jfamda12 (08-22-2014),MattRobbSan (02-11-2014),xCyberxx (02-06-2014),Gray (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Misery View Post

This was the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life. First, he was trying to do something you ignorant cocks have been bitching for him to do. He simply wanted to share glitches and exploits that he thought would be nice for people who didn't know to try to use. Tell me, if you really want to judge him for not having the names of the people who ACTUALLY found the glitches, go ahead and do it like @Antipathy said. Take credit for it.

Also, Look at @Schuba's Thread. He shared a glitch too, that is also one of the glitches shown above. Do you see a name? Do you see credit? I don't. Where is his flame? Where is his hate? This little flamewar you are trying to start is not trying to give credit where credit is due, so please do not try to say it is.

You fail to really grasp what a Minion HAS to do. A Minion does not have to contribute. although it would be a small plus, I know alot of minions who do not Contribute. Just because you don't want him to be minion simply because you dislike change, and you bitch at a staff member for it is not only stupid, but redundant to boot. Grow up and stop being a baby, because life is gonna be a cold son of a bitch to you if you refuse to.
    You need to be... positive.
    Error 404 Signature Not Found

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Terror In Paradise For This Useful Post:

fiddlecocks (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Yo I wasn't trying to rip anyone. I just happened to stumble into that glitch with a friend and figured I'd share it, I didn't read this thread.
    Sorry if I upset anyone..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    When schuba speaks, people listen

Donator: September 24th, 2014
    News Force: October 17th, 2015 - ~Dec 2019
    News Force Editor: February 4th, 2017 - April, 2017

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuba View Post
    Yo I wasn't trying to rip anyone. I just happened to stumble into that glitch with a friend and figured I'd share it, I didn't read this thread.
    Sorry if I upset anyone..
    No need to worry, there's always someones toe you'll be stepping on.
    Don't pay them no mind, you were being used in a point.

It's all good. I also stumbled upon this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast