Threaded View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

GPU Fan Broke - How to prevent overheating?

Hey guys, so first off I'm back from the dead Second off, my easter sunday comes with another death - the death of my GPU fan.

Backstory - I was playing CIV 5, my screen kept going black but the game was still playing as music was coming through my speakers. I keep resetting my PC, keeps happening. I open up my case, suck all the dust out, still nothing. Eventually I take a look at my GPU fan and see its not spinning. I have cleaned/oiled it - still nothing - its dead.

Anyway, right now I have a tiny desk fan against my open computer to prevent it from overheating. My question is, does anyone have any suggestions to prevent my GPU from overheating? Ordering a new fan for my gpu will take 2+ months and I will already be at college by then

I was thinking about

A) Putting this directly under my GPU - it will act as a vacuum sucking the air out of the gpu aka doing the broken fans job

or B) Cutting a square in the side of my case and attaching one of these bad boys to suck the air out of the GPU area
    StarTech 120mm Dual Ball Bearing CPU Case Fan LP4 FANBOX12 - Best Buy

https://www******buy.com/site/cooler-master-megaflow-200-200mm-case-fan/1305462364.p?id=mp1305462364&skuId=1305462364&st=c ategoryid$abcat0507007&cp=1&lp=10

I appreciate any/all ideas
    Last edited by Bombsaway707; 07-16-2014 at 10:41 PM.