Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Outlast and Whistleblower

I finished both tonight while avoiding to go to sleep. Because fuck sleep.
    Also, because I'm such a nice guy, SPOILER ALERT. Too nice, fuck off.
    Ok, please don't, read on. Fag.
    I would write an extensive review but I think all that has to be said is a few words and you can probably piece together it in your head without me spilling guts all over here. Asylum, psychotic patients, money hungry company and experiment gone wrong.
    That should get you through the idea and give you enough to piece it together yourself.

Well, first time playing Outlast was quite a tense experience and I got lost so many times, ending up both taking breaks from it as well as rage quit.
    Tonight I began a whole new save and it just flew past me, it was a bit creepy and unsettling the first 30 to maybe 45 minutes, then I just.. I don't know, it didn't creep on me anymore, feels like the jump-scares could only do so much, sure it got me a few times, but hey, Infrared camera.
    With that in my hand it didn't feel that frightening come to think of it, I sort of followed people around, got as close as I could just to admire their personalities between that and getting sniffed out in lockers and running in circle to fool their simple minds (AI).

Overall, great story, well made design.
    I have to complain about a few things though, there's NEVER a straight way anywhere, all the places you'd like to go are locked, DUHR, OBVIOUSLY.
    I figured that among all the raging psychotic patients would only have so much fun having sex with corpses as well as jacking it to body piles.
    Eventually they'd get a "taste for flesh" and just bash the next door in, believe me, a lot of doors were knocked down.
    So, they'd probably bash open at least one door in the direction I was heading in, but no. That'd be too obvious.

At one point it got back to me, after having seen endless amount of penises and physically abused wanderers, as well as some necrophilia and cannibalism, I dropped the camera. Leading me to go into the dark without it, for some reason there was a convenient way down there. That's where it started to get a little bit creepy, until I realized that they'd go for another jump-scare. Indeed they did, still easy to avoid. Nothing was broken. Yet.

What more could you want from a game? Insanity, necrophilia, inanimate living beings, church arson and sexually confused mad-men.
    Great game, I wish they'd release some more of it, I'm still curious about it.
    Also, fuck amnesia, forced ass camera angles when you don't want nor need it. Outlast, much better.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Outlast DLC was fuckedup especially The Groom as he subjects male victims to genital mutilation in an effort to make the "perfect wife".
    "Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harms we do, we do to ourselves."-Mitch Albom

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom(GG) View Post
    Outlast DLC was fuckedup especially The Groom as he subjects male victims to genital mutilation in an effort to make the "perfect wife".
    The charming sexually confused bride.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by ångest View Post
    The charming sexually confused bride.
    hahaha yep .I hate that part .too scary
    "Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harms we do, we do to ourselves."-Mitch Albom

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom(GG) View Post
    hahaha yep .I hate that part .too scary
    I liked him. Stylish af.

Thanks
    Anyone else here played it and what did you think of the game?

Thanks
    Saw some playthroughs looked like a good game, I'm not much into the horror genre though. Post some let's plays and link them here so we can watch you in fear. @ångest

MPGH Staff History:
    Minion: 02-12-2013 - 6-28-2013
    Former Staff: 6-28-2013 - 7-14-2014
    Minion: 7-14-2014 - 1-3-2015
    Minion+: 1-3-2015 - 6-1-2015
    Moderator: 6-1-2015 - 10-2-2016
    Global Moderator: 10-2-2016 - Current

Current Sections:
    DayZ Mod & Standalone Hacks & Cheats
    BattleOn Games Hacks, Cheats & Trainers
    Minecraft Hacks
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Hacks
    Blackshot Hacks & Cheats
    Need For Speed World Hacks
    Other First Person Shooter Hacks
    CounterStrike: Global Offensive Hacks
    Garry's Mod Hacks & Cheats

Donating:
    If you want to donate money to me I take Bitcoin & Paypal, PM me for either of these if you're interested and thanks.
    Top Donators: (Awesome People)
    FanticSteal $75.00
    smurf_master $58.00 <- Best DayZ Gear Seller
    Fujiyama $25.00
    [MPGH]Black $10.00
    [MPGH]Hova $10.00
    xJudgez $4.54
    [MPGH]Normen's Sheep $3.50
    eminemlover $1.50

Brony?
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/1728-mpgh-bronies.html

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NormenJaydenFBI View Post
    Saw some playthroughs looked like a good game, I'm not much into the horror genre though. Post some let's plays and link them here so we can watch you in fear. @ångest
    I would if it weren't for the fact that I don't think my PC can handle rendering and recording.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Played Outlast when it came out, definitely a game worth playing, but play it at night, kinda more scaring then, had some pretty hardcore jump-scare reactions Over all I like the story of the first game, It`s truely a good one. The most disturbing part of the game, at least for me was the 2 big naked dudes with the machetes chasing you around from time to time, damn those guys were horny The DLC while fun to play and still living up to the expectations and gamestyle of the game, nah didn`t like it that much myself, expected it to be a bit longer than that. Wish they would make more though, I like the story :O

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arkanator For This Useful Post:

Gray (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Finished both. loved them both, red barrels did a great job as i had to take many breaks,died many times and shit i couldn't move sometimes thinking of theres a jump scare there im 100% sure. when they were making the dlc they were putting all our fears from the first game to the dlc For Example:
    Outlast: patients never jumpscared you (the ones you find in the corner)
    dlc: they do.
    The basketball scene was pretty epic as they suddenly tried to attack you.
    And the walrider was created by lucid dreaming if im correct.
    in the end of the dlc. once he entered the car and a black shadow was coming out of the building that should have been miles with walrider

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerGr View Post
    Finished both. loved them both, red barrels did a great job as i had to take many breaks,died many times and shit i couldn't move sometimes thinking of theres a jump scare there im 100% sure. when they were making the dlc they were putting all our fears from the first game to the dlc For Example:
    Outlast: patients never jumpscared you (the ones you find in the corner)
    dlc: they do.
    The basketball scene was pretty epic as they suddenly tried to attack you.
    And the walrider was created by lucid dreaming if im correct.
    in the end of the dlc. once he entered the car and a black shadow was coming out of the building that should have been miles with walrider
    The Walrider was engineered if I'm not mistaken though.
    Nanotechnology mentally manifested by the machine I can't remember the name of.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

AnusForce (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    The Walrider was engineered if I'm not mistaken though.
    Nanotechnology mentally manifested by the machine I can't remember the name of.
    While looking ghostly in nature, the Walrider is actually a swarm of nanites; small, nanoscopic machines who possess great strength and power. It took possession of William "Billy" Hope. As it is shown by this document, when Billy was undergoing Morphogenic Engine Therapy, he learned to self-direct the lucid dream states, he was then capable of controlling the Walrider. When other patients failed and died is beause they couldn't control it but billy could.
    found in the wiki..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerGr View Post
    While looking ghostly in nature, the Walrider is actually a swarm of nanites; small, nanoscopic machines who possess great strength and power. It took possession of William "Billy" Hope. As it is shown by this document, when Billy was undergoing Morphogenic Engine Therapy, he learned to self-direct the lucid dream states, he was then capable of controlling the Walrider. When other patients failed and died is beause they couldn't control it but billy could.
    found in the wiki..
    That's what I meant.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    That's what I meant.
    I wish they make a new game. where we see miles with walrider And does walrider control miles or it is the opposite? i mean walrider needs a host

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I liked the game.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast