Tokyo Ghoul, season three announced

Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2
Tokyo Ghoul, season three announced
I'm a bit late on this post considering it was leaked(in an unconfirmed announcement via Funimation) a few months ago, but as of chapter 55 it was confirmed that season three will be released sometime in 2016 and Studio Pierrot will still be animating it.

Studio Pierrot adapts an anime with full on censorship and skips half the manga material, while making a second season that follows literally nothing, and then they start working on a third season? Well done.


The biggest concern right now that is shared is what they plan on doing exactly. There are a few things that comes up as an issue and a lot of people hope won't happen.

-They adapt Tokyo Ghoul: re, leaving people who don't read the manga absolutely lost(You'll be watching something completely new, basically)

-They continue with a separate story line like Root A, and continue to fuck with the series image

Realistically, I see them following suit with the original adaptation. There is no way they can continue through with adapting :re after what they did with season two. I won't even watch it if they do.

What we're hoping for

-Complete remake of season one

-Complete remake of season two

-Not Studio Pierrot

When are we getting it? Never.


Consider this announcement post an incentive for you to read the manga and ignore whatever the fuck Studio Pierrot did and will do.







LET IT DIE PERRIOT LET IT DIEEEEEEEEEEE
Still have yet to finish S:2
Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
Still have yet to finish S:2
Season two? I didn't know there was one.
Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
Season two? I didn't know there was one.
But still you made a thread about Season 3



Wut?
Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post


But still you made a thread about Season 3



Wut?

You didn't get the joke

Season two wasn't canon, so it's not even the real season two. I'm going to call season three season two whenever I mention it from now on. I just wanted to keep it with relevance for the post.
Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
You didn't get the joke

Season two wasn't canon, so it's not even the real season two. I'm going to call season three season two whenever I mention it from now on. I just wanted to keep it with relevance for the post.
I had a hunch that it was a joke
But at least I know what you are talking about from here on out.
too bad tg is shit
Quote Originally Posted by Dareka View Post
too bad tg is shit
Anime is terrible, manga is enjoyable at the least.
It was over hyped. Not that good of a show ; the manga was OK.
Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post
It was over hyped. Not that good of a show ; the manga was OK.
The pace in the manga is probably going to start picking up again.
Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
The pace in the manga is probably going to start picking up again.
The only issue I had was the story got kind of boring for me; I hope they spice it up a little.
Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post


The only issue I had was the story got kind of boring for me; I hope they spice it up a little.
Just marathoning it weekly and ignoring discussion can do that with just about anything. Honestly, on spoiler releases, I've spent hours discussing a single page.
Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
Just marathoning it weekly and ignoring discussion can do that with just about anything. Honestly, on spoiler releases, I've spent hours discussing a single page.
That's true, I just wanted more character development for some of the side characters or maybe to introduce a really odd character like Noro in the third installment. The characters are getting very predictable at the current state.
Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post


That's true, I just wanted more character development for some of the side characters or maybe to introduce a really odd character like Noro in the third installment. The characters are getting very predictable at the current state.
Well, we're still missing more from a lot of characters and like I've discussed with Empire, it's because he still has so much more to cover.

-V
-Tatari
-Noro
-Arima past [Unless this was covered in Jack]
-Clowns

We just need to know so much more, but for now, I'm enjoying the current arc. Know that just because they're not covered doesn't mean they won't be covered. The current arc is on Tsukiyama, so a lot of it was more development for him. I believe the next arc will be heavily centered on Aogiri, so we'll probably see a lot more of their past.
Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?