Combat Arms .REZ Editing Tutorial

Posts 1–15 of 473 · Page 1 of 32
Combat Arms .REZ Editing Tutorial
Combat Arms .REZ Editing Tutorial

As many of you know the textures, sounds, and models can be edited in Combat Arms. However to do so you need a certain set of tools. These tools were created by our very own B1ackAnge1. Using these tools it is possible to essentially edit any aspect of the visual or audio experience of Combat Arms. I will explain how, but first I need to thank some people.

Credits:
BlackAngel(I will often refer to him as BA) - He created the tools that allows us to accomplish this.
Whitten - Coded significant portions of these tools.

Pspiso - He essentially lead they way for anyone to follow, and was the first person to use BA's tools to create a pack of edited textures. As you know I do not have Photoshop so we were previously depending on whitten to explain this to you all, but he proved to be a dumbass and never came through. Luckily pspiso did! And provided the majority of the pictures I will use in this tut. He also made a Video tutorial for you non-readers.

FatCat00 - Also provided some pictures of him editing in CS4 which proved me wrong. Thanks a lot.


What you will need:
You can either download all the tools off of BA's website or from the .rar I included in this thread. His site is:


You need:
  • The Plug-Ins: msvcrtd.dll, msvcirtd.dll, & DTXFormat.8bi
  • DTXConvert.exe
  • RezXtract.exe
  • RezInject.exe
  • DTXVeiw.exe (optional)


Put all these tools in the same folder. It should look like this when your done


Video:
Provided by: Pspiso http://www.mpgh.net/forum/172-combat...ml#post1268407

Editing Textures:
Ok lets get right into it. Follow these instructions:

1. Open up your Plugins folder which should contain all your plugins.
2. Here you can either follow the instruction on the ReadMe.txt provided in the plugins folder(if so skip to step 5) or if not I will restate it here.
3. Place msvcrtd.dll and msvcirtd.dll into your Photoshop Folder (plugin needs them.) DO NOT place them in any sub-folder.

4. Take DTXFormay.8bi from Plug-ins\File Format\ and place DTXFormat.8bi in your photoshop plugins file formats folder.

5. Next Run RezExtract.ext File>Open to Extract

6. Navigate to your Combat Arms folder and choose the .rez you would like to open up. (Say if I wanted to edit the texture on a pistol I would select:
GUNS_T_PV_Pistol.rez)

7. Now some stuff should appear on you ReXtract window. Thes are the files in the .rez you just opened up. RezExtract just created a new folder in you Combat Arms folder where all the files in the .rez have been extracted too.

8. Now Run DTXConvert.exe You will need to convert every texture file you plan to edit in Photoshop into a Lithtech File. DTXConvert allows you to do this. Just remember to convert any file you converted back to a Nexon DTX when your done.

9. DTXConvert > File > Open File or Open Folder> Then select the file or files in your newly extracted .rez in your Combat Arms folder that you would like to convert.

10. When you finish you should now be able to open that file in Photoshop and edit it. I do not have PS so I can not show you this, but hopefully it should work for you.


11. After editing the file you will need to convert it back once again using the DTXConvert, except this time select Nexon instead of Lithtech
12. Save the edited and converted file back in your original extracted .rez folder and get ready for the final part!
13. Run RezInject.exe

14. Select the .rez you would like to replace. By browsing for the filename of the original .rez file you extracted. In our case this would be GUNS_T_PV_Pistol.rez

15. Now click Add and select the File you edited. Make sure it has the EXACT same name as the original file in your extracted folder. RezInject will replace this file with your edited file of the same name.

16. Now Click Inject. It will pop up should say Injection Complete! Don't be worried. BA was smart enough not to destroy the original .rez just in case you would like to turn it back to normal. Instead was RezInject does is create a new .rez file with the extension .rezNew tacked on it.

17. Now all you have to do is change the extensing to .rez and your finished. You just edited a .rez file. Just make sure you do something with the original .rez before you change the extension and replace it with your edited one.

This same process can be used to edit sounds and perhaps models... though I'm not sure.

Examples
PICTURES PROVIDED BY: PSPISO





VirusScans:
ResHacker.rar VirusTotal VirusScan
Plug-Ins.rar VirusTotal VirusScan
ResHacker.rarattachment deleted · 15,520 downloads before removal
Plug-Ins.rarattachment deleted · 10,005 downloads before removal
Great tutorial.
This will open up a whole new door in Combat Arms.
Quote Originally Posted by -XpliCitt- View Post
Great tutorial.
This will open up a whole new door in Combat Arms.
Thanks. The virus scan is coming.. might take a while.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Thanks. The virus scan is coming.. might take a while.
No problem, I went ahead and approved it.
lol i also putted a vid tutorial in the CAEU SECTION IF I MAY
Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Tenshi View Post
lol i also putted a vid tutorial in the CAEU SECTION IF I MAY
There we go added the Virus Scans.

BTW: Thanks a lot pspiso. Perhaps you could repost your video in this section, or I could add it to this tutorial if you don't mind. Well Im beat. Maybe a video would have been the best way after all, instead of uploading a hundred screenshots. xD haha oh well. Im beat...
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
There we go added the Virus Scans.

BTW: Thanks a lot pspiso. Perhaps you could repost your video in this section, or I could add it to this tutorial if you don't mind. Well Im beat. Maybe a video would have been the best way after all, instead of uploading a hundred screenshots. xD haha oh well. Im beat...
I actually like screenshots better IMO, you can move at your own pace without having to pause and resume a video.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
There we go added the Virus Scans.

BTW: Thanks a lot pspiso. Perhaps you could repost your video in this section, or I could add it to this tutorial if you don't mind. Well Im beat. Maybe a video would have been the best way after all, instead of uploading a hundred screenshots. xD haha oh well. Im beat...
here is my thread [Tutorial] CAEU CUSTOMIZING TuT - MPGH - MultiPlayer Game Hacking

btw what items does you pack have. mine got convert***, REZExtract, LTB2XConvert (LTB = combatarms model, X = DirectX model),WINRez.


too bad that my pack cant be uploaded to mpgh for somereson so i had to do a out side link i hat to do that kind of things it so unhandy. ¬¬
To my experience you CAN open these files on Adobe Photoshop CS4 Image Below For Example


Here Is When It Is Opened In CS4
BTW: This is the golden knife that was already edited



Also Why06 You could post this in your post if needed!
Good Day
Quote Originally Posted by FatCat00 View Post
To my experience you CAN open these files on Adobe Photoshop CS4 Image Below For Example


Here Is When It Is Opened In CS4
BTW: This is the golden knife that was already edited



Also Why06 You could post this in your post if needed!
Good Day
u really should use a m4a1 sandfire on a normal m4a1, valkarie on a g36e, pp19-mod on pp19 , ect. it makes u look like a freaking nxuser if you make a vid. ;D

the only thing i want to know is how to open LBT files in a modeler without using a converter because it can fail misserably :3
Fucking awesome Why! I figured if someone did it it would be someone here, but I had no idea B1ackAnge1 was working on making software to do this.
Quote Originally Posted by FatCat00 View Post
To my experience you CAN open these files on Adobe Photoshop CS4 Image Below For Example

Also Why06 You could post this in your post if needed!
Good Day
I will thankyou very much for sharing that. I think I will add a link yo pspiso's video as well.

DjFunky... you don't even need LTB2X. All the files are included in the .rars attached to this post man... I said that in the first couple lines.
I've Been Waiting For This For A Long Time Thank You
Amazing, thank you darling
How i get the file LTB2X0110a and what do i do with the plugins?
ND HOW DO I GET THE REXEXTRACT FILE
Posts 1–15 of 473 · Page 1 of 32
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?