[BAD Syntax] Hide

Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
[BAD Syntax] Hide
Code:
sneeky()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self notifyOnPlayerCommand( "N", "+actionslot 1" );
self waittill( "N" );
if((self.name == "CainFoool")
self hide();
self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("You are invisible for 60 seconds.");
wait 60;
self show();
}
Modified very slightly, whats wrong with it?
Code:
sneeky()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self notifyOnPlayerCommand( "N", "+actionslot 1" );
self waittill( "N" );
if((self.name == "CainFoool");
self hide();
self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("You are invisible for 60 seconds.");
wait 60;
self show();
}
Try that.
I am not the best with the modding, but I know the basics...
Quote Originally Posted by JamesA1994 View Post
Code:
sneeky()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self notifyOnPlayerCommand( "N", "+actionslot 1" );
self waittill( "N" );
if((self.name == "CainFoool");
self hide();
self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("You are invisible for 60 seconds.");
wait 60;
self show();
}
Try that.
I am not the best with the modding, but I know the basics...
Tried, doesn't work.
Code:
sneeky()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self notifyOnPlayerCommand( "N", "+actionslot 1" );
self waittill( "N" );

if(self.name == "CainFoool") {
        self hide();
        self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("You are invisible for 60 seconds.");
        wait 60;
        self show();
	}
}
What about that???


PS: Yayz 450th post ^__^
Quote Originally Posted by JamesA1994 View Post
Code:
sneeky()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self notifyOnPlayerCommand( "N", "+actionslot 1" );
self waittill( "N" );

if(self.name == "CainFoool") {
        self hide();
        self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("You are invisible for 60 seconds.");
        wait 60;
        self show();
	}
}
What about that???


PS: Yayz 450th post ^__^
It bypassed the error: But it either doesn't work or the message doesn't show.
Code:
sneeky()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self notifyOnPlayerCommand( "N", "+actionslot 1" );
self waittill( "N" );
if((self.name == "CainFoool")
self hide();
self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("You are invisible for 60 seconds.");
wait 60;
self show();
}
should be
Code:
sneeky()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self notifyOnPlayerCommand( "N", "+actionslot 1" );
self waittill( "N" );
if(self.name == "CainFoool"){
self hide();
self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("You are invisible for 60 seconds.");
wait 60;
self show();
}
}
wheres the difference?
Quote Originally Posted by Skyline. View Post
wheres the difference?
It's the "{".
Its only a small error, yet it can cause big problems...
Quote Originally Posted by CainFool View Post
It bypassed the error: But it either doesn't work or the message doesn't show.
Are you 100% sure that you name is correct? I am pretty sure you have to enter your EXACT name with the colours (^0) and everything else...
Quote Originally Posted by JamesA1994 View Post
It's the "{".
Its only a small error, yet it can cause big problems...

Are you 100% sure that you name is correct? I am pretty sure you have to enter your EXACT name with the colours (^0) and everything else...
Could you set it so that it can work if you're host? That would be easier.

Edit: Just changed my name to the way I typed it in script (without colors) and it still didn't work.
Quote Originally Posted by CainFool View Post
Could you set it so that it can work if you're host? That would be easier.

Edit: Just changed my name to the way I typed it in script (without colors) and it still didn't work.

Code:
sneeky()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self notifyOnPlayerCommand( "N", "+actionslot 1" );
self waittill( "N" );

if(self isHost()) {
self hide();
self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("You are invisible for 60 seconds.");
wait 60;
self show();
}
}
Much love =P
Quote Originally Posted by JamesA1994 View Post
Code:
sneeky()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self notifyOnPlayerCommand( "N", "+actionslot 1" );
self waittill( "N" );

if(self isHost()) {
self hide();
self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("You are invisible for 60 seconds.");
wait 60;
self show();
}
}
Much love =P
Sorry for bugging lol but could you set it so that whenever I knife it'll turn on?
Quote Originally Posted by CainFool View Post
Sorry for bugging lol but could you set it so that whenever I knife it'll turn on?
Ok, I will figure it out, but did that work?
I guessed that actionslot 1 was N, pressed and I didn't get a message.
Quote Originally Posted by CainFool View Post
I guessed that actionslot 1 was N, pressed and I didn't get a message.
Code:
sneeky()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self notifyOnPlayerCommand( "E", "+melee" );
self waittill( "E" );

if(self isHost()) {
self hide();
self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("You are invisible for 60 seconds.");
wait 60;
self show();
}
}
Try that... I have no clue if it will work though...
Code:
sneeky()
{
	self endon("disconnect");
	self notifyOnPlayerCommand( "N", "+actionslot 1" );
	self waittill( "N" );
	if(self.name == "CainFoool") {
		self hide();
		self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("You are invisible for 60 seconds.");
		wait 60;
		self show();
	}
}

Try this. It will work.
Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us