Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Something I noticed...

I just realized this, but a lot of people talk about how Nexon fails at spelling and so on... Combat Arms is made by a Korean Studio called... Doobic Studios? Not sure, which means that Korean people have to try to right English. (My mom is Korean and has lived in America for almost 25 years now, and she still makes what people would call "stupid" mistakes in writing English)

/discuss

P.S. I think DeadLinez PTC find of... "DoobicMode" may reflect as a the creators sense of humor.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Quote Originally Posted by F1d3l1ty View Post
    I just realized this, but a lot of people talk about how Nexon fails at spelling and so on... Combat Arms is made by a Korean Studio called... Doobic Studios? Not sure, which means that Korean people have to try to right English. (My mom is Korean and has lived in America for almost 25 years now, and she still makes what people would call "stupid" mistakes in writing English)

/discuss

P.S. I think DeadLinez PTC find of... "DoobicMode" may reflect as a the creators sense of humor.
    Combat Arms was developed by Doobic Studios. Nexon published the game.

There is such a thing as Nexon America, the whole game was translated to English from the Korea version. On another note, Korea had Combat Arms in 2005, we got it in 2008.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    And in that translation, mistakes are made. It's not that big of a deal.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    No , they are white. Check out their facebook photos .

Get it right mate .
    Before nexon brought the whole company , the previous owners were called
    Wizet . Wizet was korean . Wizet is now just a branch of Nexon , nexon is the parent company that supports the online games .

_<span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span><span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span>_

Thanks
    I'm saying, if people know this why say that Nexon fails at spelling?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Because majority of the kids taht qq are .. kids . Trying to find anyting and everything to bag out nexon . Only because . . they got nexowned .

_<span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span><span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span>_

Thanks
    Good point. Either way, I just wanted to point it out.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Quote Originally Posted by MinaReow View Post
    No , they are white. Check out their facebook photos .

Get it right mate .
    Before nexon brought the whole company , the previous owners were called
    Wizet . Wizet was korean . Wizet is now just a branch of Nexon , nexon is the parent company that supports the online games .
    Wizet made Maplestory, Nexon and other companies published it.

MapleStory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Nexon Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wizet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not saying Nexon doesn't make their own games, but CA and MS were developed by other companies.

Thanks
    From Nexon Forums, Doobic Studios made Combat Arms. Wizet made Maplestory
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've seen this too many times now and once I found out myself, I feel people should be reminded.

First of all, Doobic Studios is the game developer, Nexon only publishes it. The developer... wait for it... develops the game. Nexon just pushes it to the public. So, and I might be wrong here, Doobic is the one that actually writes the game code that makes (and breaks) this game. Nexon hosts the game and probably works quite closely with Doobic for any critical problems and desired upgrades.

Also, reminder, Ahnlabs isn't part of Nexon. Nexon contracts out to them for the hackshield. Yes, they probably got the Paper-Thin™ package. I think someone wrote that Ahnlabs contract will expire next year and perhaps Nexon will move to Punkbuster. They can't move to Punkbuster just because you ask them - they're still under contract.

-Hime-:
    I've stated it a few times now: game management and hack protection are two seperate tasks. Doing one does not take away from the other.

Game management probably includes common sense things like bug tracking, putting together requests/complaints for Doobic, and creating new NX/GP items (in that order, sadly).

They most likely have a sub-department that deals with accounts, including banning hackers (not hacks themselves, different department), and I have hope that there's a squirrel there in the basement that's still looking at ColDroop's account.

They also probably have another sub-department devoted just to the forums, where we're honored to have the lovely -Hime- put up with our nonsense every day. Perhaps you should give her a break and write something unexpected, like a non-flame post. Who knows, maybe she'll even get more "Thank You!" posts. Stranger things have happened.

Please keep things in mind before you go all Johnny Storm on the forums. Hopefully I didn't get any of that wrong or at least I hope -Hime- will correct it.

Thanks
    doesn't matter to me
    game still is free, game still kinda blows, but I still play it. /

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Nexon just got it out there . But wizet is was the one that started this whole mayhem .

Thanks
    It would be a lot better if this guy was actually right and the AhnLab contract did end sometime soon, because there are MUCH better hack-shields then whatever "shit" that Nexon got.

Yea, once Wizet got it published other game companies saw and came along for the ride...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by F1d3l1ty View Post
    From Nexon Forums, Doobic Studios made Combat Arms. Wizet made Maplestory
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've seen this too many times now and once I found out myself, I feel people should be reminded.

First of all, Doobic Studios is the game developer, Nexon only publishes it. The developer... wait for it... develops the game. Nexon just pushes it to the public. So, and I might be wrong here, Doobic is the one that actually writes the game code that makes (and breaks) this game. Nexon hosts the game and probably works quite closely with Doobic for any critical problems and desired upgrades.

Also, reminder, Ahnlabs isn't part of Nexon. Nexon contracts out to them for the hackshield. Yes, they probably got the Paper-Thin™ package. I think someone wrote that Ahnlabs contract will expire next year and perhaps Nexon will move to Punkbuster. They can't move to Punkbuster just because you ask them - they're still under contract.

-Hime-:
    I've stated it a few times now: game management and hack protection are two seperate tasks. Doing one does not take away from the other.

Game management probably includes common sense things like bug tracking, putting together requests/complaints for Doobic, and creating new NX/GP items (in that order, sadly).

They most likely have a sub-department that deals with accounts, including banning hackers (not hacks themselves, different department), and I have hope that there's a squirrel there in the basement that's still looking at ColDroop's account.

They also probably have another sub-department devoted just to the forums, where we're honored to have the lovely -Hime- put up with our nonsense every day. Perhaps you should give her a break and write something unexpected, like a non-flame post. Who knows, maybe she'll even get more "Thank You!" posts. Stranger things have happened.

Please keep things in mind before you go all Johnny Storm on the forums. Hopefully I didn't get any of that wrong or at least I hope -Hime- will correct it.
    Wrong, the developing company tend to be part of a branch of the parent company. Bethesda Softworks, a famous creator of the Elder Scroll games and the Fallout 3 series are not developing company, but branches of ZeniMax Media Inc. iD Software of the Doom series is also a branch and owned by ZeniMax Media Inc.

Companies that create games are often not free company, they are run by a parent company who sells or release products.

Nexon still owns the game, the company that makes the game, is just a branch of Nexon, if the developers wanted to change something and Nexon disagree then they can't do anything.

Thanks
    so where does touchdown entertainment fit in the picture??

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGN View Post
    so where does touchdown entertainment fit in the picture??
    Touchdown does not exist anymore, it is owned by Warner Brothers and other companies like Microsoft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast