MW2 Texture/Mod Manager

Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2
MW2 Texture/Mod Manager
Hi out there,

I decided to put up my first MW2 tool, written in C#

It's basic idea is to allow the user to enable/disable things like custom camos, sights etc with just one click.

Features:
* Allows you to enable and disable a Texture mod with one click
* By putting a Mod into your /Modifications folder, it will be automatically available and can be enabled and disabled

Instructions
* Download and unpack zip File,
* Start exe

Instructions for adding New Mods:
Folder Structure:
Modifications/
NiceNameOfMod/
info.xml
New/
Old/

info.xml has to be like that:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<modification>
  <name>Black Ops Camo Package</name>
  <description>replaces all camos and updates the menu images</description>
  <author>Heartview</author>
  <enabled>0</enabled>
</modification>
in the New and Old folder, files have to be named like that:
##_filename.iwi
with ## representing the iwd file number, and the rest being the filename how it should be named in the images/ folder of the iwd file, e.g. 07_weapon_cheytac_new_col.iwi

the files in the New/ folder are copied into the iwd if enabled, the Old/ files are used to disable the mod (=original iwi files)

Changelog
V 1.1
*MW2 folder can now be changed within the program
*Added support for "author" field
*Added little version number on the GUI
V 1.0

Screenshot:


Feedback is always welcome

Virus Scans:
VirusTotal 0/43

Jottis Malware Scan 0/10
MW2 Texture Manager_1_1.zipattachment deleted · 551 downloads before removal
File is clean.

Though you need to give credits to the authors of the camos in there, and whenever I run it it throws unhandled exception errors.
Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
File is clean.

Though you need to give credits to the authors of the camos in there, and whenever I run it it throws unhandled exception errors.

credits will be added in about 12 h
refering to the errors: screenshot of error details possible?
currently writing from iphone, so limited possibilities...
Quote Originally Posted by Zahlii View Post
credits will be added in about 12 h
refering to the errors: screenshot of error details possible?
currently writing from iphone, so limited possibilities...
I got it to work, I forgot a "\" at the end of the file name.

But as a suggestion, you might want to make it create a new IWD like "z_custom" and have it add it in there instead of the actual IWD's to make it easier for people to add others without using the program.
Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
I got it to work, I forgot a "\" at the end of the file name.

But as a suggestion, you might want to make it create a new IWD like "z_custom" and have it add it in there instead of the actual IWD's to make it easier for people to add others without using the program.
I guess this would also make the update time shorter.
However, I dont get how exactly that should work...

I mean, creating a z_custom.iwd with images/ subfolder with the new files in there is enough to replace the textures in the old files?
Quote Originally Posted by Zahlii View Post
I guess this would also make the update time shorter.
However, I dont get how exactly that should work...

I mean, creating a z_custom.iwd with images/ subfolder with the new files in there is enough to replace the textures in the old files?
It should work for alter. The z_custom IWD is an easier way to do mods. Anything in that IWD will automatically get used instead of ones inside the game's IWD's.

Anyways, your virus scans do not match the file you uploaded. You need two new Virus scans for the new file.
Hmm nice when you going to put it out on MPGH ??
This bannable on steam version?
Quote Originally Posted by JFk93 View Post
This bannable on steam version?
Really .. ?

How would this be banable, it just switches the files just like you would manualy do but save aloth of time..

SHORT: NO
Quote Originally Posted by Some1weird View Post
Really .. ?

How would this be banable, it just switches the files just like you would manualy do but save aloth of time..

SHORT: NO
well, the texture mod is bannable on steam if im correct, but i still have friends who use the texture mod and aren't banned
Texture mods are not bannable on steam.
Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
Texture mods are not bannable on steam.
Oh i thought they were, i asked a little while ago and someone said it was
you get busted by md5 checker, you will get flagged and banned. wait 1 month.
Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us