HelpHow do you close Vindictus using AutoIt?

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
How do you close Vindictus using AutoIt?
I'm trying to close Vindictus through AutoIt for a bot. I've tried all of these but none of them work:

Code:
ProcessClose("vindictus.exe")
Code:
RunWait("taskkill /F /IM Vindictus.exe")
Code:
WinClose("[TITLE:Vindictus]")
Also, if I try to manually close it through a command prompt with admin privileges, it says:

Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>taskkill /f /im vindictus.exe
ERROR: The process "Vindictus.exe" with PID 6384 could not be terminated.
Reason: Access is denied.

C:\Windows\system32>
The method I'm using now is to send DanKsole the quit command, which works after DanKsole has started, but the problem is sometimes Vindictus freezes before DanKsole starts.

Anyone know of a way to close Vindictus through AutoIt that works even before DanKsole starts?
Just make it go into the menu of vindictus and select the quit button, then the "ok" button that follows, it's that simple.
Vindictus doesn't allow itself to be closed like that, so just use mousecoords to do it at the end of your script, or whatever
Quote Originally Posted by Dracconus View Post
Just make it go into the menu of vindictus and select the quit button, then the "ok" button that follows, it's that simple.
Vindictus doesn't allow itself to be closed like that, so just use mousecoords to do it at the end of your script, or whatever
But when it freezes before DanKsole starts up, there is no Vindictus window. That's before the window has even popped up.

The only way I've figured out of manually closing Vindictus when that happens is to use task manager to kill the process (which works for some reason even though taskkill from the command line doesn't).

I guess it would be possible to get AutoIt to use the task manger to close Vindictus, but getting it to figure out where Vindictus.exe is in the process list is cumbersome , and risks closing the wrong process accidentally.
my fault, didn't notice that you had stated it's a close before game screen that you're trying to do.
Yeah, that's pretty much something you're going to have to do manually, unless you're going to KNOW that you'll be running the exact same processes every time you want it to run, but that's up to you, and would take a lot of tweaking, and testing in autoit* to get right using task manager so I just say do it manually and save yourself the trouble.
Quote Originally Posted by Dracconus View Post
my fault, didn't notice that you had stated it's a close before game screen that you're trying to do.
Yeah, that's pretty much something you're going to have to do manually, unless you're going to KNOW that you'll be running the exact same processes every time you want it to run, but that's up to you, and would take a lot of tweaking, and testing in autoit* to get right using task manager so I just say do it manually and save yourself the trouble.
I have a feeling you're working on a very similar project that I've started too. I won't name it specifically, but I've already encountered this issue trying for my goal.

The best thing that I found was to not attempt to close the Vindictus process automatically, but rework the code so that Vindictus doesn't freeze on startup. Seems to have worked for me so far.

Hope that helps!
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us