Custom PC help.

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Custom PC help.
I was thinking of building my own PC because the one I have now is pretty shit..
These are what I plan to buy..

Intel core i7 Processor: $320

ASUS P8P67-M PRO Motherboard B3: $140

12GB 1333MHz DDR3 12GB NON-ECC CL9 DIMM: $87

Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB HD103SJ: $70

Gainward GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Dual Fan: $350

Antec LanBoy Air Red: $215

OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular: $99

Lite-On IHAS524 24x DVDRW Super AllWrite: $40

Bitspower UV Reactive Cable Sleeve Kit Blue: $6.50

ASUS Xonar DG: $40

= $1367.5

Is it worth it? I heard @Alen and @Doc are good with this kind of question ..
btw I want it to be a gaming PC.. Main thing I'm not sure about is the Graphics card
GFX sounds aight to me, although it may be worth it going up to a 580 depending on how much they are where you live. All round thats a pretty good build and not too different to anything I would get. And that PSU is a sexy beast
Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
GFX sounds aight to me, although it may be worth it going up to a 580 depending on how much they are where you live. All round thats a pretty good build and not too different to anything I would get. And that PSU is a sexy beast
Nah 580's cost around $550.. If I had the money then ofc..
I live in SYD btw..
Is the PSU really that important, what's the difference if I get a cheaper one?

shit wrong section... overclocking .
Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post

Nah 580's cost around $550.. If I had the money then ofc..
I live in SYD btw..
Is the PSU really that important, what's the difference if I get a cheaper one?

shit wrong section... overclocking .
Not much difference, but you should try and go for a modular PSU.
Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post

Nah 580's cost around $550.. If I had the money then ofc..
I live in SYD btw..
Is the PSU really that important, what's the difference if I get a cheaper one?

shit wrong section... overclocking .
The cheapest 580 is 450.
I have the Gigabyte GTX 580UD for $520.
Since when was 12GB RAM $87?
Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


Not much difference, but you should try and go for a modular PSU.
My mistake... This comment should be deleted ....
You should get the intel i5 2500k. There isn't much difference between the intel i5 2500k and intel i7 2600k. If you want a gaming PC, get the 2500k. Imo, it's not worth the extra $100. You can use that extra $100 on the getting the GTX 580. There are GTX 580 for around $450.
RAM's crappy, which CPU, mobo ain't the best, I'd prefer a raid setup or a SSD, the case is just a flashy Antec, not that good tbh, no need for an extra audio card unless you're an audiophile or in need of an integrated amp.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?