NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Good Computer to Build

Hey guy's well I'm wanting to make my own Gaming computer and so I was in need help what do I need to buy, I have about a little over $1,500.
    Thank you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    1250€ meh you could build the same rig as i did Budget you would still have left some cash :| but i think its better for alen to help you out
    @Alen come here please
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Meh, something I quickly picked. You could probs find better deals, but imo: not worth getting a costlier mobo (this shoud work just fine and has pretty much the same features as any 200+ mobo), anything better than the 2500K is an overkill for gaming (even the 2500K itself is kinda an overkill - if you want to OC just grab a Noctua NH-D14), the gtx 580 is the best single-gpu card on stock and the ram is okay (any improvements to the timings wouldn't really be reflected in real-life performance, especially not with gaming), the HDD is great and the SSD should be awesome for your OS + core programs / games (you could pay like 60/70 bucks more for a 128GB version if you wanted to). Case is pretty much awesome too, PSU should handle everything.

PM me / post your email if you want me to email you the cart. Ultimateon link me to any store you buy from so I can search for parts, otherwise find something similar yourself or, if you want to, I can get you a similar build from a german / austrian shop. They do ship throughout Europe and it isn't that costly (20-30 euros usually).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

[SMA] Paradise` (01-22-2012)

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Meh, something I quickly picked. You could probs find better deals, but imo: not worth getting a costlier mobo (this shoud work just fine and has pretty much the same features as any 200+ mobo), anything better than the 2500K is an overkill for gaming (even the 2500K itself is kinda an overkill - if you want to OC just grab a Noctua NH-D14), the gtx 580 is the best single-gpu card on stock and the ram is okay (any improvements to the timings wouldn't really be reflected in real-life performance, especially not with gaming), the HDD is great and the SSD should be awesome for your OS + core programs / games (you could pay like 60/70 bucks more for a 128GB version if you wanted to). Case is pretty much awesome too, PSU should handle everything.

PM me / post your email if you want me to email you the cart. Ultimateon link me to any store you buy from so I can search for parts, otherwise find something similar yourself or, if you want to, I can get you a similar build from a german / austrian shop. They do ship throughout Europe and it isn't that costly (20-30 euros usually).

Wow man, yeh I really want this chart, so with all these would I be able to do anything without lagg and play BF3 at the same time? No joke.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    That's amazing how Alen just pulls out a computer build from out of his ass. >: D

Okay Alen, now find me a computer build that is just strictly for watching movies, downloading and browsing the web.
    ... hi
    [IMG]https://i1283.photobucke*****m/albums/a546/MintSica/82d7_zps705242c3.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i1283.photobucke*****m/albums/a546/MintSica/genek_zps5e053d2e.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Google' View Post
    Wow man, yeh I really want this chart, so with all these would I be able to do anything without lagg and play BF3 at the same time? No joke.
    Obviously. /fp

Quote Originally Posted by Pheles View Post
    That's amazing how Alen just pulls out a computer build from out of his ass. >: D

Okay Alen, now find me a computer build that is just strictly for watching movies, downloading and browsing the web.
    i3 2100/Phenom II x4 955, 2GB RAM, 500GB~1TB HDD, <500 watt supply, ATI Radeon 5450, find your own generic motherboard and find a case.
    Pretty sure 7970 is the best single GPU out.
    And it's just a bit more expensive than the 580.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Google' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ragealot View Post

Obviously. /fp
    ^ that, pretty much.

i3 2100/Phenom II x4 955, 2GB RAM, 500GB~1TB HDD, <500 watt supply, ATI Radeon 5450, find your own generic motherboard and find a case.
    I would rather just go H67 and use Intel's integrated gpu. Raid 10 with some power saving HDDs, 8+ gigs of cheapo ram and you're good to go. Would never do under 4/6 gigs of ram nowadays, even watching movies + torrenting can use up quite some resources.

If you seriously want a work / media PC tell me, I'll see what's worth buying.

Pretty sure 7970 is the best single GPU out.
    And it's just a bit more expensive than the 580.

See what I did there?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I would rather just go H67 and use Intel's integrated gpu. Raid 10 with some power saving HDDs, 8+ gigs of cheapo ram and you're good to go. Would never do under 4/6 gigs of ram nowadays, even watching movies + torrenting can use up quite some resources.

If you seriously want a work / media PC tell me, I'll see what's worth buying.
    I really do want a work / media PC. I was planning to build one for my parents and myself. My parents want to watch movies on them.
    ... hi
    [IMG]https://i1283.photobucke*****m/albums/a546/MintSica/82d7_zps705242c3.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i1283.photobucke*****m/albums/a546/MintSica/genek_zps5e053d2e.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I really do want a work / media PC. I was planning to build one for my parents and myself. My parents want to watch movies on them.
    I love Mini-ITX builds. Seriously, tiny but awesome (for a media / work PC - don't expect too much performance though; if it's for your parents it should be okay, if you intend to have 200 tabs open and 100 videos playing you might want to consider getting a more powerful i5 instead of the i3 - also I took the liberty of picking the T version of the i3 cpu which only has a tdp of 35W and could, ideally, be passively cooled. I cbf to find a decent cooler that would the small build though). You could get a second HDD for raid 0 or, for around 200 bucks, get the Pyro SE 120GB ssd for uber cool speeds.

And again, if you want the cart leave me your email in a VM / PM.

Last edited by Alen; 01-23-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    @Alen
    CPU-111.9€-https://www.chiptec.net/incs/verproduto.php?id=10878&session=gvs2698oa0debqgeao hmsk97l5
    Motherboard-108.9 -https://www.chiptec.net/incs/verproduto.php?id=11566&session=gvs2698oa0debqgeao hmsk97l5
    GPU-101.9-https://www.chiptec.net/incs/verproduto.php?id=11978&session=gvs2698oa0debqgeao hmsk97l5
    RAMS-88.9€ -https://www.chiptec.net/incs/verproduto.php?id=12072&session=gvs2698oa0debqgeao hmsk97l5
    HDD-79.9€ -https://www.chiptec.net/incs/verproduto.php?id=10732&session=gvs2698oa0debqgeao hmsk97l5
    PSU-35.5€-https://www.chiptec.net/incs/verproduto.php?id=11997&session=gvs2698oa0debqgeao hmsk97l5
    Tower-39.9€-https://www.chiptec.net/incs/verproduto.php?id=9765&session=gvs2698oa0debqgeaoh msk97l5
    DVD-19€-https://www.chiptec.net/incs/verproduto.php?id=8046&session=gvs2698oa0debqgeaoh msk97l5

Not a bad "cheap" build ?
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Switch the Z68 mobo for a cheaper P67 one, the HDD for a WD Caviar Black or Samsung Spinpoint F3 if you want more performance (which I really recommend in any non-media/ non-work PC). Also the case doesn't really strike my fancy, but it's really personal taste. As far as including a DVD drive goes ... here are my thoughts:
    a) I never watch DVDs from DVDs (torrents ftw?)
    b) I never install software from DVDs (torrents / internet ftw?)
    c) I never install operating systems from DVDs (usb keys / netinstalls ftw?)

erg

a) no DVD drive
    b) no DVD drive
    c) no DVD drive

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Switch the Z68 mobo for a cheaper P67 one, the HDD for a WD Caviar Black or Samsung Spinpoint F3 if you want more performance (which I really recommend in any non-media/ non-work PC). Also the case doesn't really strike my fancy, but it's really personal taste. As far as including a DVD drive goes ... here are my thoughts:
    a) I never watch DVDs from DVDs (torrents ftw?)
    b) I never install software from DVDs (torrents / internet ftw?)
    c) I never install operating systems from DVDs (usb keys / netinstalls ftw?)

erg

a) no DVD drive
    b) no DVD drive
    c) no DVD drive

Problem is local shops are stocked out of those HDD´s, all others are overpriced, and actualy that mobo is for my own pc to substitute the one i have due to space issues(U-atx board on myne )so you could find me a alternative to the board.
    And the computer is for my litle bro :| .
    Oh and those RAMS are also for my pc they come out of my pocket :|
    Oh and pleas do tell me a another board that is between 100-150€ :|

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateon View Post
    Problem is local shops are stocked out of those HDD´s, all others are overpriced, and actualy that mobo is for my own pc to substitute the one i have due to space issues(U-atx board on myne )so you could find me a alternative to the board.
    And the computer is for my litle bro :| .
    Oh and those RAMS are also for my pc they come out of my pocket :|
    Oh and pleas do tell me a another board that is between 100-150€ :|
    As far as decent ATX alternatives go I prefer MSI in that price range, they really managed to bring together lots of features for a decent price. The P67A-GD53 (B3) is a great board, the P67A-GD65 (B3) expands a bit with more stuff (firewire, esata etc.). Aside from the Asus P8P67 board, the only other micro ATX that I know of is EVGA's micro ATX board, but it's more gaming-oriented (it still has all the goodies though, just like the MSI board).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I love Mini-ITX builds. Seriously, tiny but awesome (for a media / work PC - don't expect too much performance though; if it's for your parents it should be okay, if you intend to have 200 tabs open and 100 videos playing you might want to consider getting a more powerful i5 instead of the i3 - also I took the liberty of picking the T version of the i3 cpu which only has a tdp of 35W and could, ideally, be passively cooled. I cbf to find a decent cooler that would the small build though). You could get a second HDD for raid 0 or, for around 200 bucks, get the Pyro SE 120GB ssd for uber cool speeds.

And again, if you want the cart leave me your email in a VM / PM.

I may have about a maximum of ten tabs open on google chrome. Mostly one or two youtube videos and rest would be research websites. My parents only like to watch like movies, don't have to worry about tabs or anything else.

I'll PM you my email in a bit but would it be possible to make it as power-saving as possible? I mean having two computers running for 8 hours can be a bit costly for me. :>
    ... hi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I may have about a maximum of ten tabs open on google chrome. Mostly one or two youtube videos and rest would be research websites. My parents only like to watch like movies, don't have to worry about tabs or anything else.

I'll PM you my email in a bit but would it be possible to make it as power-saving as possible? I mean having two computers running for 8 hours can be a bit costly for me. :>
    Yeah, that's the point of this build. The CPU only draws up to 35W and you could kill the power drawn by the HDD by using an SSD (I don't recommend this though, I doubt you'll like only have 120 gigs of space). I noticed I put two cases into the pic, the email I sent has only one (the Antec w/ the 150W psu).