Red faceHelpLooking for a good coder in visual basic!

Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
Looking for a good coder in visual basic!


Hi dair

As you may don't know i'm ZBornox, huhehuhu.

Anyway, I need someone to code something for me, becuz I suck at coding. #yolo

I need someone that will code me something (I think) very simple.


I present you, the WServer Life Saver! (Not really, I made that in paint. :3)

Feature :

When the WServer crash, it will close it and start a new one

If you wish to code that for me, you will be paid ; 5 item of your choice in the real RotMG
And also, a place in the futur Coop Server (As a Tech Support / Admin)


It's not too late to create your own! All the owner of the valid submition of this will be winner!
I can try.
I'll get on it in a bit I gotta do some homework I will add you on skype later when I get to it

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

How is this for a GUI:

I made it pretty quick, it could use some improvements but I followed the picture.
Quote Originally Posted by Trollaux View Post
I can try.
I'll get on it in a bit I gotta do some homework I will add you on skype later when I get to it

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

How is this for a GUI:

I made it pretty quick, it could use some improvements but I followed the picture.
Incredible! You're awesome c: Good luck for the rest If you want to add somethings that would help the host to manage it (or anything else) I'll pay you more

Also, if anyone want to try too it's not too late!
Quote Originally Posted by Alde. View Post
Incredible! You're awesome c: Good luck for the rest If you want to add somethings that would help the host to manage it (or anything else) I'll pay you more

Also, if anyone want to try too it's not too late!
Thanks glad you like my work! I added you on skype too.
Visual Basic 6 represent
Essentially a server wrapper with auto-restart nice.

when wserver crashes on windows you get a new window simply called "wserver" you can do something like

Code:
WinWait("wServer", "", 5)
WinClose("wServer", "")
Execute("path to wserver.exe")
[/COLOR]
Quote Originally Posted by liquidgalaxy View Post
Essentially a server wrapper with auto-restart nice.

when wserver crashes on windows you get a new window simply called "wserver" you can do something like

Code:
WinWait("wServer", "", 5)
WinClose("wServer", "")
Execute("path to wserver.exe")
I googled it, is it a ahk script? c:
should be similar but i think thats auto it, you can port it to any programming language its just 3 simple commands.
Quote Originally Posted by Botmaker View Post
Any reason for making your own program to auto restart the server when it crashes?
A quick google search and there’s literally 5 available on the first search page

Quickly Auto-Restart a Windows Process or Program that Crashes
Gawd. I tought you quit BotMaker :S
Also thanks you I cant beleive I didnt even tought about that --' :3

Thanks
Quote Originally Posted by Alde. View Post
Gawd. I tought you quit BotMaker :S
Also thanks you I cant beleive I didnt even tought about that --' :3

Thanks
I guess learning the windows api for reading the process list is a good enough reason to make your own program, but if you just want a quick solution then google is good enough for your problem!

No I’ve just been hiding under a rock , while also working on converting the java server/client/proxy source code to the euphoria programming language, half way done 2000 lines of code, 40+ hours of programming later

Quote Originally Posted by Botmaker View Post
I guess learning the windows api for reading the process list is a good enough reason to make your own program, but if you just want a quick solution then google is good enough for your problem!

No I’ve just been hiding under a rock , while also working on converting the java server/client/proxy source code to the euphoria programming language, half way done 2000 lines of code, 40+ hours of programming later



Oh gawds Oo That's nice
But why?
Quote Originally Posted by Alde. View Post
Oh gawds Oo That's nice
But why?
Reason for me converting the java source code to the euphoria programming language, is because I don’t like java and I’m highly insufficient programming in it!

Reason for the client is because, I’m working on a merchants client for the us west server, I have plans for many enhanced features for trading in us west server, including but not limited to running and controlling auto trading bots from with in the client! Currently the rendering code is completely off, need to increase the size of fonts, tiles, players, and do the z-ordering for the chat bubbles! Also the merchants client only use 2 percent of the cpu while in the us west server, compared to the flash client, use 70+ cpu usage, on my laptop!


some of the source code to the merchants client, encase anyone is interested
http://pastebin.com/4V3FwtcA
Quote Originally Posted by Botmaker View Post
Any reason for making your own program to auto restart the server when it crashes?
A quick google search and there’s literally 5 available on the first search page

Quickly Auto-Restart a Windows Process or Program that Crashes
Botmaker its because the process doesn't automatically close when it crashes it will not restart until you manually hit okay or have a script do it for you.
Also you rock.
Quote Originally Posted by Botmaker View Post
Reason for the client is because, I’m working on a merchants client for the us west server, I have plans for many enhanced features for trading in us west server, including but not limited to running and controlling auto trading bots from with in the client! Currently the rendering code is completely off, need to increase the size of fonts, tiles, players, and do the z-ordering for the chat bubbles! Also the merchants client only use 2 percent of the cpu while in the us west server, compared to the flash client, use 70+ cpu usage, on my laptop!
i got 60 trading bots running on USWEST on a single dualcore machine with 75% cpu usage. also what do you need a gui for? also why use this weird programming language? why do you put all the source into 1 large file? why don't you use OO? why do you hardcode packet types? why do you write such an ugly code in the year 2013? that's just horrible?

this is BY FAR the worst thing i have seen in software development in 5 years. please take a break and learn a modern programming language and the basics of OO. you will save yourself so much trouble and time in the future! :-)
Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?